Willkommen, Gast
Benutzername: Passwort: Angemeldet bleiben:

THEMA: Auto-updater not getting every car (unknown server

Auto-updater not getting every car (unknown server 14 Aug 2011 13:30 #279917

I've downloaded and used the auto-updater. A lot of cars and tracks have been added to my Race07 -installation.

How is it possible that I still get unknown cars when trying to connect to one of the weisbierbudes??
How do I know which cars are missing??
<frustration>

I think the auto-updater is a pretty lame tool if it doesn't download and install everything.
In my opinion you should have it removed from the site if it doesn't function as advertised..
Der Administrator hat öffentliche Schreibrechte deaktiviert.

Aw: Auto-updater not getting every car (unknown server 14 Aug 2011 13:40 #279918

I guess you should in first way understand what it's doing before you call it lame. I also don't call you a lame user just because you don't know how to use the forum search for "unknown car" or something like that...
If you would have used the forum search you would have seen that you are just missing some of the original AddOns from SimBin, and not some stuff we host for downloading.
On the right side of the website there is a title for every server were we write down which original simbin-addon you need to join this server...

Hope this helps you to figure out were the missing cars/tracks come from ;)

The second point why there can be problems (if you own ALL official addons) is that you have installed mods from other sites. Race07 is built different to GTR2 etc., so not every mod works with every other mod because of doubled model-id's. And as there is so much stuff around in the www we check for sure that the mods we host for download work together, but not everything else out there. That would be impossible as there is more content around then the game can handle.

Re:Auto-updater not getting every car (unknown server 14 Aug 2011 15:18 #279920

I have a similar problem.......for the retro server it says to use the Retro car pack addon, which I have installed. When I see the lobby in the server list it still has 2 unknown entries below the Retro pack. Its the same for some of the other servers........I have the content installed but it still says unknown cars in the list. Eg. It says I am missing some of the GT Pro cars......but what are they I don't know at all./....I have all the cars???

What other cars could I be missing then??

:blink:

Aw: Auto-updater not getting every car (unknown server 15 Aug 2011 15:34 #279935

Hubschrauber schrieb:
The second point why there can be problems (if you own ALL official addons) is that you have installed mods from other sites. Race07 is built different to GTR2 etc., so not every mod works with every other mod because of doubled model-id's. And as there is so much stuff around in the www we check for sure that the mods we host for download work together, but not everything else out there. That would be impossible as there is more content around then the game can handle.

Maybe you have installed some mods we don't use here?

Re:Auto-updater not getting every car (unknown server 16 Aug 2011 13:43 #279950

Possibly............I don't really have that many mods installed though tbh.......I have the GT1 and GT2 cars from GTR2......I'll have a look at what else there is.

Thanks.

Re:Auto-updater not getting every car (unknown server 16 Aug 2011 14:59 #279951

OK so I uninstalled...

935 Cup
MX5 Cup
DTM 94
787B
GTL mod

The only mod left is the Ae86 CLUB.

Yet I still cannot join any of your servers...........

The Radical server which is just the Radical says "Unknown" under it. Same with all your other servers...

Retro Sever.....just retro cars I would guess......."Unknown". No other mods installed apart from AE86.

I am not missing any addon cars and I have only the AE86 mod installed. So what is the problem then?? :/::

Aw: Re:Auto-updater not getting every car (unknown server 16 Aug 2011 16:32 #279953

• Neteye
  • Neteyes Avatar
  • Administrator
do you have the golf mod?

Re:Aw: Re:Auto-updater not getting every car (unknown server 16 Aug 2011 16:43 #279954

no. Do I need it??:silly:

Aw: Re:Aw: Re:Auto-updater not getting every car (unknown server 16 Aug 2011 18:05 #279955

Yes you need it bacause it allways runs on our servers as a kind of security.

Greetz Hannibal

Re:Aw: Re:Aw: Re:Auto-updater not getting every car (unknown server 16 Aug 2011 19:59 #279959

Thanks guys. See you on track.

Re:Auto-updater not getting every car (unknown server 02 Jan 2012 12:10 #282974

weg editiert

Aw: Re:Auto-updater not getting every car (unknown server 02 Jan 2012 12:15 #282976

• Neteye
  • Neteyes Avatar
  • Administrator
Werbung kannst du woanders machen.
Ladezeit der Seite: 0.031 Sekunden
Zum Seitenanfang