THEMA: Vorerst kein Crew Chief Support mehr in ACC

Vorerst kein Crew Chief Support mehr in ACC 16 Feb 2020 10:37 #339493

• sps
  • spss Avatar
  • alter Hase
  • Sascha Sullivan
Der Support von ACC in der Crew Chief App wird erstmal eingestellt:

thecrewchief.org/showthread.php?1272-ACC...&viewfull=1#post6550
I'm going to remove ACC support from the app. I just can't get it to work properly with all the unsynchronised data in ACC's shared memory and UDP streams. It's impossible to know if any given piece of data is stale, resulting in constant bugs and failed workarounds. To be blunt, it's making the app look shit, I've tried to fix it but the data are unusable, and I give up. Sorry guys.

www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?thr...page-21#post-1117708Jim Britton schrieb:
guys, I'm going to deprecate and remove the ACC support from CC. I've spent too long trying to work around the limitations in the data and it's just not getting any better. The app works really well in other games but is pretty terrible in ACC, giving a false impression and making the rest of the CC team's work look bad.

There'll be a popup message explaining this in the next version of the app, and in the version after that I'll remove the UI option for ACC.

The main issue here is that CC is very sensitive to data synchronisation problems. The way CC is written, it expects a single 'frame' of game data to represent the game state at a single point in time. This isn't the case in ACC. The shared memory blocks (and maybe even the data fields within them) appear to update at different rates so the app sees at lot of stale data (e.g. the lap count increases by 1, but the data field containing the previous lap's lap time is still showing the old lap, or perhaps it's the other way round, it can vary). It's made much worse by the need to use data from the UDP broadcast stream to fill in the data missing from shared memory - race positions and stuff can also be badly out of sync. This is a real pain to work around and I've not been able to find an acceptable solution which doesn't require me to rip the app apart and put it back together. The differing behaviour of some data between online and offline races is also making things more difficult than they should be.

So all in all, CC in ACC is a bit rubbish. I don't have the time or the energy to fix it and I'm not convinced it can be fixed, given the way the ACC data behaves. This isn't intended to be a poke in the eye of the game developers - ACC has become a really solid racing sim and the devs have worked unbelievably hard to realise all these improvements. It's just that CC is a bit of a square peg trying to fit into the round hole of the ACC data streams

Download und Nutzung des Crew Chiefs in anderen Sims und Games ist aber weiterhin möglich!
thecrewchief.org/forum.php
Download
Letzte Änderung: 16 Feb 2020 10:40 von sps.
Der Administrator hat öffentliche Schreibrechte deaktiviert.
Ladezeit der Seite: 0.027 Sekunden
Zum Seitenanfang