Willkommen, Gast
Benutzername: Passwort: Angemeldet bleiben:

THEMA: How to get started with rFactor2 on Bockbierbude

How to get started with rFactor2 on Bockbierbude 31 Mär 2012 02:50 #178448

Use the rFactor2-sync to get all the files needed to join our servers. Before installing have a look into the attached readme.

current bbb-sync version: 2.039 beta
download
Der Administrator hat öffentliche Schreibrechte deaktiviert.

Re:How to get started with rFactor2 on Bockbierbude 01 Apr 2012 10:15 #178452

Thanks for the info Daniel B)
Just need the Pc upgrade to run RF2
Ticked off the list so far
Win 7 ultimate 64-bit
New 500GB HDD (for dual boot system RF1 on Xp RF2 on win 7 ;)
So all I need now is a Geforce gtx 570/580 graphics card to cope with the extra power needed to run Rfactor2 :ohmy:

Aw: Re:How to get started with rFactor2 on Bockbierbude 01 Apr 2012 17:12 #178453

Hi Ash,

2 month ago I bought an 1GB ASUS GTX560 (950MHz). Much cheaper than 570/580. Working very well with full graphics.

I chose it as well as it needs "only" 175 W instead of 225+ W of GTX570. Thus it runs without problems on my noname 420W 80%+ power supply. Taking over the existing power supply saved another 60-75 EUR.

Maybe it helps you in finding a cost effective decision.

Greetings
Thomas

Aw: How to get started with rFactor2 on Bockbierbude 01 Apr 2012 20:28 #178455

Hi Ash,

I'm happy with my new GTX570.
"No Name" 600W Power Supply did cost me 38 EUR.

Cheers

Re:Aw: How to get started with rFactor2 on Bockbierbude 01 Apr 2012 22:41 #178456

Thanks Thomas & HaM.

Bought a new 750W power supply just after Xmas as my old 650W ps went bang, and I mean BANG with a huge flash of light and that lovely Electrical burning smell :blink: I was lucky that no other components were damaged. The trouble I have is my 24" monitor which runs a native resolution 1920x1200 on SLi with x2 8800GTS for Rfactor 1 and ISI recommend running Rfactor 2 with the native screen resolution so other than taking the 32" bedroom lcd tv which runs @ 1080i (1360x768) off the bedroom wall and sticking it on my desk :silly: I also tried RF2 with a spare 19" (1360x768) monitor runs ok but it's just too small after a 24" monitor and running Rfactor @ 1920x1200 full settings anything else just looks rubbish.So the SLi 8800GTS cards will have to go and I'll just have to sell the wife and get a newer more powerful card.If anyone wants a low mileage, 45 year old wife (classic insurance) mine is up for sale ;)

Aw: Re:Aw: How to get started with rFactor2 on Bockbierbude 02 Apr 2012 12:58 #178463

Ash wrote:
If anyone wants a low mileage, 45 year old wife (classic insurance) mine is up for sale
I was just reading an ad in the Daily Telegraph saying: "selling my rFactor addictive husband, coupons are accepted."

Aprils fool :P

Aw: How to get started with rFactor2 on Bockbierbude 15 Apr 2012 14:07 #178762

see first posting for update

Re:How to get started with rFactor2 on Bockbierbude 21 Jun 2012 14:05 #180857

Manually installing an rfmod is a lot easier than installing the BBB autoupdater and I'd rather not have to rename my game folder for various reasons.

Can we just get a current link to the most recent mod BBB uses and do it our selves? The links provided above are from an earlier build and do not work anymore.

Or better yet- allow us to d/l the mods direclty from the lobby servers. You guys are making this unnecessarily complicated. Password the server and allow downloading from the lobby. The autoupdater is passe and not needed anymore like it was with rF1.

gelöscht 21 Jun 2012 14:17 #180858

gelöscht

Aw: Re:How to get started with rFactor2 on Bockbierbude 21 Jun 2012 14:48 #180859

• Sebbl
  • Sebbls Avatar
  • Stammgast
guybo schrieb:
Manually installing an rfmod is a lot easier than installing the BBB autoupdater and I'd rather not have to rename my game folder for various reasons.

Actually we don't have an real autoupdater for rFactor2 just yet, which would make life very easy.

As you stated the links in the first post of this thread are not updated anymore.

Instead we have a synchronisation-tool, which seems to work quite well with most users.

You can read something about it here: www.bockbierbude.de/content/view/518/258/lang,en/

As faderone mentioned the manual installation of some mods is quite complicated, so that many users have trouble with that.

Maybe I'm overlooking something but I don't see, why you would have to rename your rF2-folder?!

Aw: Re:How to get started with rFactor2 on Bockbierbude 21 Jun 2012 15:35 #180860

guybo schrieb:
So you have e.g. Megane_at_Sears_Point_RW, incorporating a track and a vmod referencing ISI base content. And then an update for the base mod (megane) is released. Which is fine for users who were already "up to date" before. But those trying to make a clean install have to do it this way: Install Megane v1.0, install Megane_at_Sears_Point_RW and update it, install update Megane v1.0-1.1. If you accidently update the Megane before installing Sears Point you have reached a dead end. ;) That's just one example how confusing the install process via mod manager can be.
Can we just get a current link to the most recent mod BBB uses and do it our selves? The links provided above are from an earlier build and do not work anymore.
The download links will be removed as they are no longer needed.
Or better yet- allow us to d/l the mods direclty from the lobby servers. You guys are making this unnecessarily complicated. Password the server and allow downloading from the lobby. The autoupdater is passe and not needed anymore like it was with rF1.
Simply put: wrong
long version: If rfactor2 already offered the necessary features to make it work this way you would be right. Unfortunately this not the case. ;) Rfactor2 server has http download features, but they are very limited and cannot be configured properly. First of all, download size is limited to 100 MB. Also you cannot adjust the maximum download speed which will cause people bouncing around on track due to high latencies as soon as there are many people downloading large content. A ftp solution is necessary and I'm sure ( or at least I'm hoping for ...B) ) ISI is thinking about separating the game server and file server functionalities.
Also the current download from a gameserver is limited to a single file, because ISI wants us to use this feature only for vmods at the moment. If there is a special vmod needed to join a server you can download it from the lobby, but the server won't upload the files referenced in it. So if the content referenced in a vmod is missing a box will pop-up showing a list of mods/components already installed or missing. Time to manually download some files and start the mod-manager. :) As an alternative, of course you can put all the files needed to join a server (mod(s), track(s) and vmod) into another large mod which can be downloaded from the lobby. Pretty obvious that is not a practical solution... (redundant files, server capacity)
So the sync tool is currently all we can offer. It has its flaws for our needs but that's still better than what ISI offers us right now.

Re:How to get started with rFactor2 on Bockbierbude 11 Jul 2012 21:08 #181413

i did the whole sync thing
but i get a mismatch for the malaysia track...

ps how can i activate the trackmap in the car's cockpit??

thx
:woohoo: tech

Aw: How to get started with rFactor2 on Bockbierbude 15 Aug 2012 19:50 #182133

new bbb-sync version: 2.039 beta
download

Re:How to get started with rFactor2 on Bockbierbude 01 Jun 2013 07:29 #181324

As an old Altbierbude member that took a long break, I'm glad to be back running rF2. Thanks to all that make this possible.
Ladezeit der Seite: 0.034 Sekunden
Zum Seitenanfang