Willkommen, Gast
Benutzername: Passwort: Angemeldet bleiben:

THEMA: Beginners FAQ4: GTR2 installation questions

Beginners FAQ4: GTR2 installation questions 07 Feb 2010 15:51 #207271

FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
PBB - PilsBierBude

This FAQ has been made out of several articles and will be enhanced as time goes by. It is supposed to be a compendium of the most often asked questions, and their answers, causing trouble for beginners. Beginner-questions and their answers can be discussed here.

Please discuss any kind of problems in here, too.

Questions about the Installation of GTR2:

Q: I have installed GTR2 and the patch 1.1.0.0. I have the Autoupdater installed and all the files, but it always says "incompatible game versions"
A: Have you installed the right patch 1.1.0.0.? There are two of them available, one for the European version and one for the US version.
A: If you have installed the right one and it doesn´t work I would suggest to delete your GTR2 (not the Autoupdater archive). Then install your GTR2 again, install the correct patch 1.1.0.0. and the correct NoCD patch v1.1. After that, start the game and create a profile. (it HAS to be done before running the Autoupdater) Then have your Autoupdater install the files again.
IT HAS TO WORK

Q: I have installed the game and the Autoupdater files. When joining the servers it always says: "Game not available. Host maybe using a modified version".
A: This message leads to the conclusion that the Autoupdater still hasn´t finished its work. Important: While the updater is downloading and installing some files do not start the game. Starting the game can cause installation problems. Make sure the Autoupdater is installing into the right directory.

Q: How to get into the game faster, without having to click away the intros?
A: By renaming or deleting the intro-files. The files are in GTR2\MovieFiles and are called:
Intro.bik
GameIntro.bik
Simbim.bik

Q: I have built in/installed a new graphics card/graphics driver (or some other hardware) Now GTR2 doesn´t start anymore.
A: Because the configurations of your computer have changed you need to open the GTR2Config.exe and adjust the Graphic settings again. Then GTR2 should start again.

Q: I want to unlock all the tracks in game.
A: create a new file called "SDNDTG.DYN" into your GTR2 main folder. Make sure it is written in CAPITAL LETTERS. After that all the tracks will be unlocked. It will not cause any cheat suspicion.

Useful Links:

How to
Tips and tricks
Our rules

Here it goes to the other parts of the beginners FAQ:
Common questions
Server connection problems
The Pilsbierbuden Autoupdater

Is there any question missed?
Ask the question in the thread below and after it has been answered it will be added to the FAQ

Info: This thread needs to be tidied up sometimes. Some contributions have to be deleted in order to keep the focus on the FAQ
Der Administrator hat öffentliche Schreibrechte deaktiviert.
Ladezeit der Seite: 0.069 Sekunden
Zum Seitenanfang