Willkommen, Gast
Benutzername: Passwort: Angemeldet bleiben:

THEMA: New driver here

New driver here 22 Apr 2008 08:03 #251332

Hi all,

I joined the Weissbierbude team yesterday.

I've been driving on Altbierbude quite regularly (primarily events lately) since October 2007. I've found the drivers and atmosphere there very friendly so this was a natural step for me. I already see many familiar drivers here, so I salute you old friends as well as all you new I haven't met yet!

For those who don't know me yet I tell that I'm 45 years old and come from Tampere, Finland. I prefare writing in english but I understand german enough to get at least the general idea of messages written in german. I've had racing sims as my hobby for about a year, GTL has been my absolute favourite but I've driven a bit GTR2 and Race07 offline too.

The Bude-rules and philosophy are already familiar to me and I always try to drive fair and respect other drivers. So I don't expect us to meet any major problems racing together. I quess the main thing I have to learn here to become more competitive is how to setup my car, haven't messed with all those settings of GTR or Race07 although I'm familiar with setting up cars for GTL. Does any of you know any good setup guide for Race07 (preferably in english)?

Yesterday I joined multiplay once as a spectator just to see if it works - and it worked. So haven't done a lap yet, but hope to do so at least on forthcoming weekend.

See you on track!

Cheers,
Timo
Der Administrator hat öffentliche Schreibrechte deaktiviert.

Aw: New driver here 23 Apr 2008 02:09 #251349

• Jowi
  • Jowis Avatar
  • Administrator
Welcome tjl,

please have in mind that it's just in kind of beta state. We're working on a stable process, still lot's of work to do. Just go around and have some small experience ;-)
Nimm Dir Zeit zum Spielen - es ist das Geheimnis der Jugend

Re: New driver here 23 Apr 2008 08:13 #251352

Hi!

@Jowi
As a beta-site this works brilliantly!
The only thing I miss is a single sign-on for all the Bude sites, although I'm a member of just two at the moment. The peer2peer download works fast, but later I will fill up the form to get FTP download for this site too. Collecting data for single sign-on would make it easier to allow that FTP download for all related Bude-sites as well.

At first my goal here is to get used to these cars since I really haven't done so many laps even offline. I took part of two races with Alfa-Romeo 156 on tuesday evening: Crowne Plaza and Barcelona GP. I was surprised to climb to podium at first one, but at Barcelona I was seconds slower than all the others no matter how I pushed. I used standard setup and noticed that it was quite driveable. So I don't mess with setups at this point besides some occasional adjustments for gearing. At the moment I have no idea which are best cars for each track, but that's just part of the fun to find out.

Is there a setting to add any sound signal for start? Now it's just the lights going off.

I'll try to do some more practise every now and then - see you on track!

Cheers,
Timo
Ladezeit der Seite: 0.044 Sekunden
Zum Seitenanfang