Willkommen, Gast
Benutzername: Passwort: Angemeldet bleiben:

THEMA: top speed questions...

top speed questions... 08 Mär 2013 09:39 #294736

can some one please explane, how it is, that i'm only able to get the F3000, to max speed of 159 mph and i'm finding other's speeds of 174 or better for the exact same car with the exact same driveline.

and also these are on the hotlaps where they're supossed to be non modified versions of the car, except for skinning.

example: monza 07...
ran it today, tons and topping out with best of 142.xxx for laptime...where as the one i downloaded has 131...xxx. his car max speed of 175 and mine max speed of 159...both redlined on the gearbox and same rpms...

i'm missing something, or someone's not exactly going by the rules.

Truth is:
i'm hoping, it's me missing something and thus room for me to get better and become faster.

thanks and best greets, for any help in figuring this out.

also note:
i've checked the controller (wheel/pedels)setting, they're optimal from what i tested and configered correctly.
Der Administrator hat öffentliche Schreibrechte deaktiviert.

Aw: top speed questions... 08 Mär 2013 09:45 #294737

• Neteye
  • Neteyes Avatar
  • Administrator
Hi Skruffy,

you can change the gear ratios of the gearbox, so you will be able to get to higher speeds at the same RPMs. Also important for Monza is to lower your wing-settings, as high wing-settings increase drag and therefor reduce topspeed, which is more important in Monza than downforce.

greetings
Neteye

Aw: top speed questions... 08 Mär 2013 11:28 #294739

...and don`t forget to lower the difference between front hight and rear hight.

Maybe, and that happened to me last time, you should look into your options menue.
Sometimes it can happen, that your throttle is at max 90%, even you are pressing it 100% down.

In case, at some tracks the endspeed is a resolution of coming out of the last turn...

see you on tracks

Didi :laugh:

Aw: top speed questions... 09 Mär 2013 21:39 #294824

going to give them both a try later tonight, when i don't have company...

so grateful for you helping me...and let you guys know how i do later,
best greets and wishes for you guys.

Re:top speed questions... 10 Mär 2013 22:59 #294858

so far lowing the car and balencing it more, plus the wing and some adjustments to the ARBs...brought her to 165, did some adjustment to the gears this morning and got the top speed of 167, however she's having a oversteering issue, that feels like it's in the apex of the turn sometimes and other times it's in coming out of the turns. still needs the lower gear adjusted also...like when i come out the the first turn in second she's about halfway down that short straight before she's ready to go to 3rd.

i'm trying to set gearing to where 1st is pitting and such and second for the slower turns with 6th being for the straightaways....
hope that's right.

also adjusted the cars R-rebound and F-Bump, up a little, which seemed to help on the oversteering a bit. i'll play with her more tonight when i finish work and things...

haven't broke the 140 laptime but i'm at 143.2 which i think i'll probably get the 142. later tonight ... if i can keep her shiny-side up and on the track...lol

thanks and again wishing the best and fond greets.

Aw: Re:top speed questions... 11 Mär 2013 03:42 #294860

• Neteye
  • Neteyes Avatar
  • Administrator
i took the Simbin standard setup for Monza 2008 and changed:
Frontsplitter: 6
Wing: 12
Brakeduct: 2
1st gear: 12/33
2nd gear: 18/37
3rd gear: 14/23
4th gear: 21/29
5th gear: 21/25
6th gear: 21/22
Topspeed ~279km/h (~174mp/h)
Laptime 1:41.76 on the 4th timed lap, but also some oversteer :)
you need to take the first gear out of the first chicane, it is much faster than 2nd. i also took the second chicane in 2nd gear, lesmo ascari parabolica all 3rd.

hope it helps a bit further :)

greetings,
Neteye

Re:top speed questions... 11 Mär 2013 18:20 #294872

Go into control settings, advanced, turn your wheel far right, press throttle, make sure both bars are level.

If not then calibrate your wheel and pedals via control panel\game controllers. If both bars are still not level re-calibrate but don't press the gas pedal all the way down.

I did some top speed testing at Avus67 a while back.

For maximum top speed I had tire pressure maximum so that only the crown of the tire was in contact with the road.

I had zero front and rear.

I do not remember which car it was but it was not F3000. I think it was a GT mod car. Anyway I got uber top speed but terrible cornering and the car was wondering down the straight :)

Le Mans 77 is good for top speed runs but Avus67 has a longer straight road and you get to it quicker.

Re:top speed questions... 12 Mär 2013 12:16 #294900

@ Marlowemaniac

did that...controls and levels all balanced out...missing my clutch ped...due to a heavyer foot than mine on it...friend was trying them one day last week...because i've been trying to get more people here to playing and forming a group...

i'll give the tires a run, but one thing i set as a personal rule of thumb is too be able to have control of the car, even in skids...i still want to be able to pull or control the car, in case there's other drivers near, or one that spunout or something. hence why i test using practice and time attacks..

Lemans i have...love that track and Solitude...
Avus67...isn't on here, i did find Avus town circut...going to have a run on it later after i finish working and things tommorrow.

at this point, still feels like a rookie, after a year of playing, which to be honest...wasn't till i got on here and started meeting other racers that i grew to trying to understand the inner things such as setting and how to improve my car as well as racing.
sure you know the sentiment...

Re:top speed questions... 12 Mär 2013 12:24 #294899

hi Neteye

best health and greetings to you,

did a little gear changing, after dinner this evenening, got a little better handling on the coming out of the turns...because it started feeling more like i had to much power on my lower gears and i thought she was causing her to want to spin...

will give the gearing you set a run later today... and see how she feels ... along with some of the other sugestions and see where we can adjust to help the oversteering.

has to be a way to get her there,..

as always many thanks and let you know how it goes.

Re:top speed questions... 15 Mär 2013 04:19 #294961

gave the front a 5 toe and lowered the rear toe...

get's up to 177 mph on lemans now...and i'm able to get a consistant 1:42 for monza.

got a faster one, of 1:41.xxx for my time attack, which i'm happy with, even though i'm working to beat it...i find myself cutting the track alot more than i should so been working on improving that these past couple days...

gruss
and many thanks to everyone...
for bettering me and my understanding of setups...
Ladezeit der Seite: 0.038 Sekunden
Zum Seitenanfang