Willkommen, Gast
Benutzername: Passwort: Angemeldet bleiben:

THEMA: Machwerk comments in English

Machwerk comments in English 23 Nov 2013 12:13 #301268

Hi. Just thought I would start a topic for any comments about Machwerk in the English language.

I practiced yesterday and we had a race. KRI2 wanted everyone to vote it back to qually and and I voted yes and waited for the last moment to join then after half a lap I felt bad for blocking the server to KRI2 and others so quit.

I then rejoined for next qually but my game crashed when a 997 driver joined. I tried installing the new version of GTRS to no avail (this is not my main community and I do not run the auto-updater due to using faulty hard disk drive.

Anyway, I fixed the problem today by installing the F450vs997 mod; a 997 driver joined and no problem.

I tried the Aston but my reactions are too slow. I am fast in the Commodore but have one or two crashes per lap. I am safest in the STCC2 Toyota Corolla so that is what I will drive.

I can only do about 4 to 8 hours. I will go from about midnight CET to about 4AM CET and then sleep and maybe do some more hours between 11AM CET and the finish. I get poor frame rate with mirror so I will pull over when I see a blue dot on my trackmap getting close.

Any information and advice in English would be very much appreciated.

Best Regards, Martin AKA Marlowemania (formally Marlowemaniac) - although I may go a bit maniac if I drive the Opel Commodore.

PS
If I let someone overtake me but they then slow me up I will try not to pressure them. I notice the Retro Max is faster than STCC2 when power is required but STCC2 is much faster than Retro Max when the corners do not need much power.
Der Administrator hat öffentliche Schreibrechte deaktiviert.

Aw: Machwerk comments in English 23 Nov 2013 13:03 #301276

• Rabble
  • Rabbles Avatar
  • Administrator
  • Daueramraddreher
I don't really see a question in your post so i don't know what to answer.
I can only point you to the event informations in English in case you missed them.

Have fun,
Rab
Alle Verallgemeinerungen sind falsch.

Re:Aw: Machwerk comments in English 23 Nov 2013 13:12 #301279

Thanks mate. That topic has English introduction but it a German language thread. I have no question. The reason for my topic was to have a topic for English only so people who have no German can share informations. Some of my no German speaking friends were booted as possible cheat. I think it would be good to have an English topic with some advice - e.g. you need to install the Ferrari F430vs Porsche 997 mod to avoid your game crashing when a 997 driver joins and there is a new version of GTRS (0.99).

Aw: Machwerk comments in English 24 Nov 2013 15:47 #301318

I really enjoyed the last race. My knee started to hurt so I had a rest then decided to play a game trying to make 1 liter of gasoline last one minute and still race the retro cool P1800 (I was in a Retro Max Opel Commodore). I could not keep up with him without using more than 1 liter per minute so I pitted for fuel but decided to keep very old rear tires. This was very fun and another way to rest the pressure on my right knee.

I overtook the P1800 (easy meat - I should have given him another minute or so head start). I then pitted for rears as it was too much excitement on worn rear tires.

I then tried to do a hotlap but in sector three the chat started. I said SHHH but the chat continued. I then said STFU which I regret. Next time I will turn off chat but that would be a shame as its good for sorry and thank you.

These are the people I would ask to do less chat during peoples last laps:

Not BadDan as he is saying pass right which is okay.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=197793944
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=197795504

Re:Machwerk comments in English 03 Dez 2013 13:41 #301584

I over reacted to the chat before the end of the race sorry. It really was no big deal. I thought the event was very fair. I am not sure why some guys parked on the track; you can park in the pits without it ending your race as long as you keep the engine running. If you park in the pits make sure you do not block anyone pit stops. If you park in the pits the others do not get yellow flags. However, it was not too bad the parking except maybe one guy who was taking some of the grass I normally use about one minute into the lap, as you leave the village and turn into the right hand corner where there is a gray stone wall. In one race there was an E30 parked on the grass preventing me from using a bit of grass to take that right hand corner.

Overall the racing was very fair. In the video below my retro max commodore hits the wtcc car and it skids on the grass into a tree and gets a puncture. I wait for him in what I think is a safe place then follow him round in shame and then wait for him at the pits while his car is repaired. He then lets me follow him for a while which is nice then he speeds up to 100% and leaves me behind by about a second per minute.

Ladezeit der Seite: 0.042 Sekunden
Zum Seitenanfang