Willkommen, Gast
Benutzername: Passwort: Angemeldet bleiben:

THEMA: 206 MB of BBTC, Front Wheel drive !!

206 MB of BBTC, Front Wheel drive !! 10 Feb 2008 20:29 #154320

206 MB of download for BBTC touring cars

that can't be the UK touring cars, man i've go a front wheel drive car out in the street, why would anyone want to race a front wheel drive car, unless someone was giving them money.
Der Administrator hat öffentliche Schreibrechte deaktiviert.

Aw: 206 MB of BBTC, Front Wheel drive p1sh 10 Feb 2008 22:28 #154321

• Jowi
  • Jowis Avatar
  • Administrator
but they are nice to drive on rFactor, aren't they? :-)

BB here is the synonym for Bockbier Bude
Nimm Dir Zeit zum Spielen - es ist das Geheimnis der Jugend

Re:Aw: 206 MB of BBTC, Front Wheel drive p1sh 10 Feb 2008 23:44 #154322

lol no

they are with no question the most rubbish cars you will ever drive, well that and the tour car skoda's, i used to race in an rfactor league but the BTCC cars suck, i don't have the time to learn or want to learn how to drive a front wheel drive car with no power that just steers, it's like they have abs and auto steering control, there tyres are better than the cars are so it's boring.

imho

:)

so is it the UK TC or other better cars that have a heart and an engine that makes the car change shape.

have you had a look at the Peugeot 407 coupe, it's only got 2 doors but is bigger than a volvo s80 4 door.

the BMW1 has the biggest roll cage in the world so people can see them crashing at the races, but will think you can't die in one.

cya

Aw: 206 MB of BBTC, Front Wheel drive p1sh 11 Feb 2008 00:09 #154323

well, dirtyvfr, its a question of taste if you like these cars or you don´t like them. I absolutely agree with you when it comes to front wheelers... too boring. But you and me are not forced to drive them :laugh:

Then there´s the question of which mod to use. As far as I know the bockbierbude had to take what they get, so this new mod is based on RaceX.

In my humble opinion this mod is not a very good one. Just have a look at the rear wheels in your showroom... much too small and they look as if they have negative toe-in.

Then there´s the physics, I think the Race 1/06 mod has much better physics, the cars do not understeer so much, not to talk about the great mod from... well, I don´t know if I am allowed to say that here.. speedinlive.com. This is just awesome and even the front wheel cars provide some fun there.

But as I said before, its a question of getting the "permission". And some people really like the new mod here.

So what, just dont drive the cars when you don´t like them, I am looking forward to see what an E21 can do against these understeering family cars (possibly nothing :laugh: )

Re:Aw: 206 MB of BBTC, Front Wheel drive p1sh 11 Feb 2008 10:34 #154325

hadn't thought of not driving the cars 51!N, but thats an idea.

i feel there are a few flaws in rFactor (not in the bock) as there is with GTR2 and they are mostly to do with how the lobby works and car selection.

was going to do another post but just do it here

is there a better way to investigate whos on the server and driving what.

i check the bock website to see who is drivng what, as it's better to drive cars that are close in performance, than turn up in an AudiGT when others are in LUPO's, even Mr Goat can't make a lupo go as fast as an R8 ;)

any way lost my train of thought

Aw: 206 MB of BBTC, Front Wheel drive p1sh 11 Feb 2008 10:34 #154326

I just did a quick test in the bmw e90 and the chevrolet lacetti. The lacetti understeers a looooot, the bmw not so much but due to only about 300 bhp it's impossible to drive a controlled drift (as it would be in the 320 e21). But i guess the real cars won't handle much different, and the graphics (especially cockpits) of the BBTC-cars are great. And finally, this is the only mod at bockbierbude which allows to have a mixed starting grid of cars with similar performance, which should promise much fun (at least if not everybody decides to drive to bmw) also in a series of races on the WTCC tracks! :woohoo:

And finally, I don't understand the criticism if you compare the BBTC to the Porsche 996 GT2 e.g. The Porsche understeers a lot to, it sounds *ADSF* and has too much grip when accelerating. I prefer the DTM-cars or the 997 GT3, which are more difficult too handle (especially throttle-control is more important) but also more fun to drive, as you have to fight with the car all the time :)

So everybody has his or her own opinion and the events offer the full range from lupo to champcar.

Re:Aw: 206 MB of BBTC, Front Wheel drive p1sh 11 Feb 2008 10:58 #154327

the 911GT2, this might help

i'm not the fastest in the GT2 but when i was driving it i noticed the car just steered on or off the throttle, understeer that is, so i checked the DIFF both coast and power were at 80%, so i reduced this to 50/50, then someone said are you in the advanced tab torque split.

BINGO the 911GT2 is a 4 x 4 that's why it drives like a bus, change the split to 30/70 and reduce the coast/power a bit more and you have your old Porsche back, just watch if you lock the front wheels as it also locks the engine.

i'll have a go at the GT3 is it rear wheel drive

Aw: Re:Aw: 206 MB of BBTC, Front Wheel drive p1sh 11 Feb 2008 12:25 #154328

• Jowi
  • Jowis Avatar
  • Administrator
but again as said before, we looked for a possibility to drive mixed cars with nearly equivalent capabilities.
That's the thing the Buden are about - driving with and against others for fun.
You might be right, if you're looking for and find mistakes compared to real life, but we didn't get it better, so do you? My personal thinking ist that all the technique stuff is often overestimated, even a race with shoe boxes could make fun, depends on who's behind the wheel on the other side;-) I don't know any real driving behaviour in simracing by now, but the approximation rF gives is fine even at this (hopefully) early state of development. Let's simply have fun on track

to LIVE-View: the only working way to inform about cars on servers in our needs is from the website on Menu "LIVE". Sometimes it's not accurate as there's a malfunction on the rF-included reporting mechanism.

Aw: Re:Aw: 206 MB of BBTC, Front Wheel drive p1sh 11 Feb 2008 12:33 #154329

Thanks for these hints, I never gave much attention to diff settings so far. :blush: Now I will, and hopefully it makes the gt2 the car I want to drive. :)

I also have to correct my statement about the e90. Especially on tracks with slow corners it has less grip on the driving axle than the frontwheel drive cars, which means you can accelerate later and have to catch the back of the car as it wants to go sideways. :P Understeer is nearly the same. Also the e90 only has 5 gears, which should put it a bit at a disadvantage in comparison to the other cars (6 gears) when it comes to acceleration. Good to see all cars are slightly different, I think there won't be one car outperforming the others on all tracks. The honda e.g. has a better cornering than the alfa, but the acceleration is a tiny bit worse.

See you on track,
Daniel

Aw: Re:Aw: 206 MB of BBTC, Front Wheel drive p1sh 11 Feb 2008 12:38 #154330

• Jowi
  • Jowis Avatar
  • Administrator
Daniel schrieb:
[...], I think there won't be one car outperforming the others on all tracks. The honda e.g. has a better cornering than the alfa, but the acceleration is a tiny bit worse.

See you on track,
Daniel

That was the main intention of this modification and few members worked hard for hours to get it there as good as possible.

Aw: Re:Aw: 206 MB of BBTC, Front Wheel drive p1sh 11 Feb 2008 13:51 #154331

Jowi schrieb:
That was the main intention of this modification and few members worked hard for hours to get it there as good as possible.

Yep, and as far as I experienced it so far they had success! Similar mods in rfactor are quite rare, maybe the DTM-mod (which offers "only" two different cars) and the ETCC mod (rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=ETCC which is no alternative as we now have a mod with newer cars and better graphics), others like the VLN-mod are just to inhomogeneous.
But there is some wip stuff I am really looking forward to:

Grand Am: rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=Grand%20Am%202006

ETCC 1984:
rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=ETCC%201984%2024H

FIA GT3:
rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=FIA%20GT3%202006

24h Spa 2006:
rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=Proximu...rs%20of%20Spa%202006

Group C:
rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=Prototype%2DC

ALMS:
rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=Endurance%20Series

And finally s.th. completely different:
rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=Porsche%20911%20GT3%20RS

If only 2 of these mods would be balanced enough to be worth playing it on the Bude I would be very pleased:woohoo:

Aw: 206 MB of BBTC, Front Wheel drive p1sh 11 Feb 2008 17:39 #154332

206MB pure fun!!!!! despite front wheel drive and this thread.

Thx for this mod.

Flo

Aw: 206 MB of BBTC, Front Wheel drive p1sh 11 Feb 2008 23:04 #154334

I agree B8man!

Yes, most of the cars are front wheel drive, but you have also to fight to get fast lap times, just like in a rear wheel drive car, so what?

Greets Simon

Re:Aw: 206 MB of BBTC, Front Wheel drive p1sh 12 Feb 2008 22:44 #154340

so what

not even in my imho :)

i don't like Front Wheel Drive cars, i just don't drive them, it doesn't stop anyone else driving them, it doesn't stop me driving the RWD BMW in the BBTC, i don't like right hand drive cars on clockwise circuits, i don't expect anyone to think the same way, i would be sad old place if everyone thought the same way.

i don't like to drive harley davidsons (as it's a car drivers idea of a bike, imho) but it doesn't mean i don't like people that drive them.

Aw: Re:Aw: 206 MB of BBTC, Front Wheel drive p1sh 12 Feb 2008 23:38 #154341

dirtyvfr schrieb:

i don't like to drive harley davidsons (as it's a car drivers idea of a bike, imho) but it doesn't mean i don't like people that drive them.

:) Thats why i drive a Kawa and a Buell :)

By the way, whats about a front wheel drive bike...

Hmmmmmmm i´ll guess i have to think about it... :laugh:
Ladezeit der Seite: 0.052 Sekunden
Zum Seitenanfang