Willkommen, Gast
Benutzername: Passwort: Angemeldet bleiben:

THEMA: Where to put Steam MP Race07+ GTR-E track files?

Where to put Steam MP Race07+ GTR-E track files? 05 Sep 2008 23:26 #252998

Hi Weissbierbuders!

I'm new here and have a question that I couldn't find answered (probably was somewhere.... sorry).

I installed the multiplayer version of Race 07 + GTR Evolution games from DVD yesterday, and have now downloaded some 7Zip'd track <name.7z> files (manually, not using the Auto-updater cuz I don't want >1.2GB of track&car files). Within the track.7z files are folders UIData and GameData, BUT I don't know WHERE to extract those folder+files within. Unlike the file structure/subdirectories used by GT Legends and GTR2, the ...\SteamApps\username\race 07 folder has only one file ("Config.dic" ) in ...race 07\UIData folder, and NO folder named GameData.

So WHERE do I put the track file subfolders for the Steam MP version?? I'm of course ASSUMING the add-on tracks are allowed to be used online in Race 07 and/or GTR Evo via Steam client and dedicated server programs - am I confused?

Thanks in advance!
Der Administrator hat öffentliche Schreibrechte deaktiviert.

Aw: Where to put Steam MP Race07+ GTR-E track files? 06 Sep 2008 02:40 #253000

• Jowi
  • Jowis Avatar
  • Administrator
Yes, so it is. Looking in our zipped files you'll see the needed directory structure as the auto-updater needs the same structure. Simply use them as they are beginning from ../race 07.
If the GameData folder isn't there simply create one ;-)
/race07 ist the root folder here in the game.
Nimm Dir Zeit zum Spielen - es ist das Geheimnis der Jugend

Re:Aw: Where to put Steam MP Race07+ GTR-E track files? 07 Sep 2008 00:53 #253020

Danke Jowi!

Your instructions work perfectly, I've now got those 3 tracks I wanted (and surely will add some more): Laguna Seca, Road Amerika and mid-Ohio_LVM. I'll probably install several Australian tracks next when I'm not racing Euro & (mostly) world-wide tracks in GTRE and Race 07.

Thanks again Jowi for your helpful & prompt reply.

Bo_GTRE

Aw: Re:Aw: Where to put Steam MP Race07+ GTR-E track files? 07 Sep 2008 02:05 #253021

• Jowi
  • Jowis Avatar
  • Administrator
You're always welcome ;-)
if you'll spend some time in installing our auto-updater you would be able to have most of the available tracks by one klick without the need to extract the files manually.
Nimm Dir Zeit zum Spielen - es ist das Geheimnis der Jugend

Re:Aw: Re:Aw: Where to put Steam MP Race07+ GTR-E track files? 07 Sep 2008 17:26 #253052

Hi again Jowi:

I am aware of, and have already installed the Bierbude Auto-Updaters v2.1 for Race07+GTR Evolution (and also for GT Legends and for GTR2). However, I'm selecting and manually installing only individual tracks and cars that interest me because I'm short of hard drive space and the size of the full zipped updates are quite large > 2GB (and would be even larger when unzipped and installed by the Updaters).

I realize my manual installation approach means that I won't be able to join sessions that require ALL the Bierbude add-ons; for now, that's OK with me.

But I do appreciate you mentioning the Updater as a very useful tool, in case I wasn't aware of it.

Danke,
Bo_R07GTRE
Ladezeit der Seite: 0.045 Sekunden
Zum Seitenanfang