Willkommen, Gast
Benutzername: Passwort: Angemeldet bleiben:

THEMA: Autoupdater wont properly install

Autoupdater wont properly install 26 Apr 2013 23:31 #296013

I downloaded the utility according to instructions. It seems to work just fine-HOWEVER when I point it to my GTR Evo install folder iI get the followinf error message:
Wrong installation Folder. Race_Steam does not exist
Would it be a safe assumption that I must install the hated "Steam" to make this app work? Please help this ignorant Yank!
TYVM, brothers and sisters!
Brad the Yank
Der Administrator hat öffentliche Schreibrechte deaktiviert.

Aw: Autoupdater wont properly install 27 Apr 2013 10:42 #296018

I have Steam and i installed the autoupdater files to a completely different folder, didnt give me any message. cant help further though, am new myself ;P

Aw: Autoupdater wont properly install 27 Apr 2013 11:17 #296022

The updater is mentioned to work only with the online-version of the game as we are a community for online-racing :)
And we don't test anything the updater does with the offline-version of the game... As nobody of us cares about offline racing ;)

Aw: Autoupdater wont properly install 27 Apr 2013 16:12 #296034

Not true. MANY (including myself) DO care about offlone racing. Your arrogance is startling, especially considering that you are an Admin.

Aw: Autoupdater wont properly install 27 Apr 2013 16:49 #296035

@imracerx
Did you read Hubschraubers comment correct?

Hubschrauber schrieb:
The updater is mentioned to work only with the online-version of the game as we are a community for online-racing :)
As nobody of us cares about offline racing ;)

He said that nobody or nearly of the Weissbierbude cares about offlineracing. And with your comment you will get maybe problems here (We are a friendly community).

To your problem i can only say: Why not installing the online version with steam, you can still race offline then.

Greetings
Hannibal

Aw: Autoupdater wont properly install 27 Apr 2013 17:50 #296038

Hannibal Smith II schrieb:
@imracerx
....He said that nobody or nearly of the Weissbierbude cares about offlineracing. And with your comment you will get maybe problems here (We are a friendly community).

Greetings
Hannibal

Danke, das lag mir auch auf dem Herzen, hätte es aber nicht so förmlich formulieren können :-)

Aw: Autoupdater wont properly install 27 Apr 2013 17:58 #296039

imracerx schrieb:
Not true. MANY (including myself) DO care about offlone racing. Your arrogance is startling, especially considering that you are an Admin.

For sure there are many people out there which do care about offline racing... But WE ARE NOT a site for offline racing. And as an admin (and none of the other admins either cares about offline racing) i don't double my work by testing everything in the outdated, unpatched and slightly different offline version which we never use.

And think about one thing: Did i/we register on your site or did you register here?
I guess your ignorance is a bigger problam than my arrogance.

Feel free to leave or use the updater with the online version. Both are no problems for me.
Ladezeit der Seite: 0.048 Sekunden
Zum Seitenanfang