I've set up a special test server for those of you who want to contribute closely.
The server is password protected, as it won't be a good end-user experience if you don't know what you are on.
So if you join (and I highly recommend to do so):
- make sure you always have tyres matching your conditions. In this version, auto-applying the "safe" or "wet" preset doesn't always assign the corresponding tyre. This is even more true for custom setups - here you always are in charge of picking the compound you like
- when the weather changes during a session, and you want to switch tyres - you are out of luck. don't even try to do so, just handle the situation like everyone else does
- this server runs special code with a few fixes, possibly a few bugs because of that and more important: heavy diagnostic
- the server is located in the US (to invent higher latency) edit: may be US, atm EU
- I will also just restart the server when it's time for an update, without warning
- be prepared for surprises
- edit: and please (in advance) forgive me not wanting to talk about anything there, I'm very focused on one crash situation right now
So if you read this, and agree on the terms of service - search for
and use the password
If the driving experience is halfway ok, please also spread the word - the purpose is to have much traffic, and hopefully the situation we are chasing.
Minolin, post: 1028166, member: 46610 schrieb:
ha that had quite a few races. Guys, I can really recommend this for the driving pleasure alone
we even had sensible formation procedures and race starts
Server looks good, occasional weather surprises work, I'll leave this open for entertainment.Please try to populate this one as much as possible, so we can maybe reproduce the crash we are searching for with this level of logging.