Willkommen, Gast
Benutzername: Passwort: Angemeldet bleiben:
  • Seite:

THEMA: wish list

Aw: wish list 25 Feb 2014 06:55 #246987

Moin

Die Anzeige mit den abständen um die es hier geht gehört zum orginalen GTR2 HUD.
Ich glaub mit der Taste 2 kann mann das HUD teilweise oder ganz abschalten,vllt ist die Abstandsanzeige deshalb nicht sichtbar.
Der Administrator hat öffentliche Schreibrechte deaktiviert.

Aw: wish list 25 Feb 2014 14:08 #246992

• exbrassi
  • exbrassis Avatar
  • Grünschnabel
Ah ok, bei mir sieht es nur ganz anders aus und stört eigentlich, wenn man das XD-Tool am laufen hat...

Aw: wish list 27 Feb 2014 19:17 #247062

hi

der grund, warum bei mir die anzeige anders aussieht , liegt daran, das ich ein anderes head up display verwende.

google ma nach new hud pack für gtr2.

oder dort runterladen.
www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=27335

da sind en paar screenshots drauf, welches design du
dir installieren kannst.

falls der link unerwünscht sein sollte. bitte wieder löschen.

grüsse
ASRock Z77 Pro4 , Intel i5 3475S @2900 Mhz , 2x4gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 Ram @ 1866 Mhz , Gigabyte G1 GTX 1060 , Asus Xonar DG, Samsung 850 evo SSD, Thrustmaster T500RS , Fanatec CSP v2

Re:Aw: wish list 09 Jun 2014 15:09 #242873

After a couple more months of playing, I still believe this is the best racing game ever played
And, besides that, some very fun online gaming

Despite this, I'm also seeing some more points of improvement, most of them relating to the game itself
I'm playing version 1.1.0.0, and I think that is the latest one

What keeps on being extremely annoying and frustrating, is the fact that people disappear from the results (or qualify) if they log out of the current race. It's frustrating, because when you race, you often are the last one, never the less you ended as 5th in a 20 car race (because the other 15 have logged out).

This one's already mentioned above.

What else is annoying;

- The fact that the pit lane speed limitor indicator is not clear enough. I'm often racing NOT in the cockit camera mode, and when you pit, the image switches to cockpit. Because this is different for each car, it's hard to tell. And when you press the key, it toggles, so you risk disabling it (which one shouldn't be able to do when in the pits anyway). I do like the fact that each car has got its own cockpit, don't get me wrong, that is just great.

- The start of the race ... there's the lights, but depending on where you are on the grid, the lights are not always that clearly visble. I respect the fact that the tracks are made to be as realistic as possible, including lights. But, the "go" message that is displayed on top of the screen, could be more clear.

- It would be interesting to know which cars have no setup at all, some setup, more setup, or heavy setup. We don't need to know what exact setup (althoug the server does know), but if on the track, it would be interesting. I often have very little setup, and I don't need to even try to race somebody with heavy setup. In addition, it would be like if there would be races for cars with low setup (so that I can win an online race, some day).

- As a driver, you only get to know your own lap record, if you actually break it. It would be nice if you would just get to know this one, be it in qualify or race. A seperate qualify or race record is not necessary since we race the same setup during race or qualify anyway (at least, I do). In addition, but as a nice to have, it's nice to see who has the fastest lap times, in race as well (in the way it is done during qualify, just ranking the best laps of each driver).

- Side mirrors, when not using the cockpit view. A lot of collisions would be avoided if ..

Aw: Re:Aw: wish list 11 Jun 2014 16:04 #242285

Luk457 schrieb:
What keeps on being extremely annoying and frustrating, is the fact that people disappear from the results (or qualify) if they log out of the current race. It's frustrating, because when you race, you often are the last one, never the less you ended as 5th in a 20 car race (because the other 15 have logged out).

If you use the xd-Tool, there is a drivers list with all gaps in the upper right corner of your screen. Even the drivers who have finished already appear in another color there. If they are leaving the server, they disappear, but if you look there in your last lap, when the winner has finished, you'll see your actual current position. For me that's enough. There isn't a complete race results list, but there is one for every Event-Race (every Wed and Sat evening)
- The fact that the pit lane speed limitor indicator is not clear enough. I'm often racing NOT in the cockit camera mode, and when you pit, the image switches to cockpit. Because this is different for each car, it's hard to tell. And when you press the key, it toggles, so you risk disabling it (which one shouldn't be able to do when in the pits anyway). I do like the fact that each car has got its own cockpit, don't get me wrong, that is just great.

Well, at first I don't understand how you can drive a racing simulation without using cockpit-view. GTR2 - get real! But ok, if you do, I think that your rear lights are flashing as soon as the pit limiter is activated. Also you can see the Rev-display flashing in GTR2-HUD. If I go into a longer race, I always practice the pit entry and thereby also the area and the way the pit limiter is working. And I think the driver is responsible for using the limiter and going the right speed in pit lane, so for me it's ok that the limiter is disengagable in pit lane. Once again: get real! ;-)
- The start of the race ... there's the lights, but depending on where you are on the grid, the lights are not always that clearly visble. I respect the fact that the tracks are made to be as realistic as possible, including lights. But, the "go" message that is displayed on top of the screen, could be more clear.

That's true, but you can use the GTR2-HUD again: in the upper right corner of your screen you see the lap times. And the moment the lap time starts running is exactly the moment the red lights go out ;-) I'm a very good starter since I've been using this feature :-D
- It would be interesting to know which cars have no setup at all, some setup, more setup, or heavy setup. We don't need to know what exact setup (althoug the server does know), but if on the track, it would be interesting. I often have very little setup, and I don't need to even try to race somebody with heavy setup. In addition, it would be like if there would be races for cars with low setup (so that I can win an online race, some day).

Well, for me the creating of a good, own setup belongs to racing like the driver's abilities. It's like in real racing: the faster driver can be beaten by a slower one with the better setup. I have learned a lot about car engineering and driving physics since I'm sim-racing. And with the time my setup quality is also increasing...
- As a driver, you only get to know your own lap record, if you actually break it. It would be nice if you would just get to know this one, be it in qualify or race. A seperate qualify or race record is not necessary since we race the same setup during race or qualify anyway (at least, I do). In addition, but as a nice to have, it's nice to see who has the fastest lap times, in race as well (in the way it is done during qualify, just ranking the best laps of each driver).

If you go a long Event-Race on PBB, there will be a result list with qualifying lap times, every race laptime of every driver, even a gap progression during the race. And there is a feature to see the lap-records of each driver on PBB-Homepage, you can also select there to show only your best laptimes.
- Side mirrors, when not using the cockpit view. A lot of collisions would be avoided if ..

I had the same problem and that was really annoying to me, although I'm only driving in cockpit-view. My solution: I use three screens, that wasn't too expensive and I see everything going on around my car. Racing and especially fighting on track is a completely different thing since that "upgrade". ;-) And I hope - for your joy - , that you got a steering wheel in the meantime. GTR2 - Get Real!

I hope I understood your issues the right way and maybe this is a little help for one or two of them... But hey, you are a programmer, can't you try to make - for example - a new kind of result-lists in coordination with the PBB-Admins for all the short races? Maybe that's useful for other racers, too... CU on track!

Re:Aw: Re:Aw: wish list 13 Jun 2014 23:53 #241893

Thanks for the response, I'll need to reread again ..

Got me a racing wheel this week, much better indeed ! And, I'm using the hood camera when racing, I mean, the view where you don't see anything of the car. I'm used to that, I'm feeling that as best option ..

Re:Aw: Re:Aw: wish list 14 Jun 2014 20:31 #240877

Marc Madman wrote:
Luk457 schrieb:

If you use the xd-Tool, there is a drivers list with all gaps in the upper right corner of your screen. Even the drivers who have finished already appear in another color there. If they are leaving the server, they disappear, but if you look there in your last lap, when the winner has finished, you'll see your actual current position. For me that's enough. There isn't a complete race results list, but there is one for every Event-Race (every Wed and Sat evening)

Not really, the driver is removed out of the results list (of XD) at the moment he leaves the race. If you cross the line 60 seconds after the winner, often you are listed 3rd or better (which is a podium, woheaa !)

The point is that both the XD tool and the standard GTR program removes everybody from the list, at the moment of log-off ... which can be normal during qualify, but not during race. There's no reason why anybody would be unlisted ..

Re:Aw: Re:Aw: wish list 14 Jun 2014 20:35 #240857

Well, at first I don't understand how you can drive a racing simulation without using cockpit-view. GTR2 - get real! But ok, if you do, I think that your rear lights are flashing as soon as the pit limiter is activated. Also you can see the Rev-display flashing in GTR2-HUD. If I go into a longer race, I always practice the pit entry and thereby also the area and the way the pit limiter is working. And I think the driver is responsible for using the limiter and going the right speed in pit lane, so for me it's ok that the limiter is disengagable in pit lane. Once again: get real! ;-)[/quote]

The HUD in cockpit view is optional, not default. Actually, the whole problem is solved if this HUD is displayed, because not all cockpit views do that, but when you enter the pits, only the cockpit view is allowed (which means the view switches when entering and leaving the pits). Why can't you race with another camera view ? It's not because you can't imagine, nobody else can. Actually, now I have a wheel, I don't like to use the cockpit view, cause I see 2 steering wheels, one real, and fictional.

Practicing pit entry indeed is a smart thing to do ;)

Re:Aw: Re:Aw: wish list 14 Jun 2014 20:40 #240850

Marc Madman wrote:I hope I understood your issues the right way and maybe this is a little help for one or two of them... But hey, you are a programmer, can't you try to make - for example - a new kind of result-lists in coordination with the PBB-Admins for all the short races? Maybe that's useful for other racers, too... CU on track![/quote]

I was more thinking about the XD tool, that is a custom program anyway. The internet version is interesting, but that is the point ; I don't always have this up and running, while running GTR. And GTR itself cannot be changed ..

Aw: Re:Aw: Re:Aw: wish list 15 Jun 2014 12:53 #240500

Luk457 schrieb:
Actually, now I have a wheel, I don't like to use the cockpit view, cause I see 2 steering wheels, one real, and fictional.

You can remove the steering wheel (in your GTR2-Cockpit! ;) ) in "Options", that's how i use it. One visible wheel is enough, you're right. And enjoy your steering wheel, this is racing now! CU on track!

Aw: Re:Aw: Re:Aw: wish list 15 Jun 2014 17:28 #240404

Marc Madman schrieb:
Luk457 schrieb:
Actually, now I have a wheel, I don't like to use the cockpit view, cause I see 2 steering wheels, one real, and fictional.

You can remove the steering wheel (in your GTR2-Cockpit! ;) ) in "Options", that's how i use it. One visible wheel is enough, you're right. And enjoy your steering wheel, this is racing now! CU on track!

Hmm, I'll have a test with that as well.

It's obviously faster with a steering wheel, but still it's not easy !!

Danke

Re:wish list 25 Okt 2014 17:32 #206076

I've done some offline racing, in which I could set the level to a lower one, and in this context, the pit speed limiter automatically switches on (and off).

But then I joined online racing again, which needed to set my level to Simulation again, but the pit lane speed limiter thing remains the same : it's automatically enabled. I can manually override it, but the thing is that it is on when it should be.

Obviously, I must adjust my speed to it, but I don't need to worry about the limiter. The problem just moves now : with so many tracks, it's not always clear where that area actually starts. But, that is a driver error, cause he should know the track (and the pits).
  • Seite:
Ladezeit der Seite: 0.032 Sekunden
Zum Seitenanfang