Willkommen, Gast
Benutzername: Passwort: Angemeldet bleiben:

THEMA: Beginners FAQ2: Server connection problems

Beginners FAQ2: Server connection problems 07 Feb 2010 15:49 #207269

FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
PBB - PilsBierBude

This FAQ has been made out of several articles and will be enhanced as time goes by. It is supposed to be a compendium of the most often asked questions, and their answers, causing trouble for beginners. Beginner-questions and their answers can be discussed here.

Please discuss any kind of problems in here, too.

Server connection problems:

A: Whenever a connection problem appears unexpectedly for the first time. Start the Autoupdater and update your game. If it doesn´t help or your game is already up to date click on "reinstallation" in the Autoupdater under commands. This will not re-install files that are already installed. It will check your GTR2 directory to see if any cars/tracks are not installed and install them.

Q: Do I need a password in order to join the Pilsbierbude-servers
A: You usually do not. In the Event Races one server will be locked for the Teamspeak users. It is usually Server 3. Ask for the password only on teamspeak.

Q: I have installed GTR2 and the patch 1.1.0.0. The updater has finished its work. Whenever I join, the message "incompatible game versions" is shown.
A: Have you installed the No-Cd patch? You may have unpacked a version 1.0 .exe file. It will show 1.1.0.0 in game although it isn´t. You need to install the version 1.1.0.0 No-Cd.exe

Q: I do not see any Pilsbierbude servers in the Lobby. If I join another server the message "car not on the server" will be shown.
A: You only will find the Pilsbierbude servers if your game is running in simulation mode. In "common questions" you will find how to switch to simulation mode.
Advice: Install your GTR2, then copy the whole GTR2 folder. Rename one of them GTR2 bude. The "bude" GTR2 is for use with the Pilsbierbude files only. It will lower the chance of getting into trouble when joining the Pilsbierbude servers.
The other one can be used in order to install non Pilsbierbude mods you also would like to drive.

Q: Yesterday I was still able to join the Servers. Today I am getting the message “Booted as possible cheat.”
A: The current "Klasseneinteilung" isn´t installed on your computer. Exit the game and start the Autoupdater or install the "Klasseneinteilung" manually.

Q: What is the "Klasseneinteilung"?
A: The "Klasseneinteilung" or classification are the files you need to choose the cars in the game. The Pilsbierbude servers are run only with the "Klasseneinteilung" you get via the updater. If the "Klasseneinteilung" on your computer isn´t installed or it is corrupted you will not be able to join the servers.

Q: I can join the servers. I am in the pits. My computer loads everyone, but one or more players keep trying to load.
A: You are missing a car file being used on the server.
Exit the game, start your Autoupdater and have it download all the files until the message "Finished, have a nice race" pops up. If it has already downloaded all the files click Commands then "reinstallation" in your updater´s menu.

Q: Lags, disappearing cars, bucking, etc...
A: Some small lags are quite normal.
A: Disappearing cars are mainly caused by a bad connection. Check your connection. Make sure there is not a firewall or router blocking the access.
Close every single program running in the background that is also using the internet
- ICQ, Skype, etc.
- The Autoupdater
- Windows Media Player
- Teamspeak (restrict access)

Q: My game stops suddenly. After a few second it runs again. Sometimes the game crashes completely.
A: That probably isn´t caused by your internet connection. Maybe your graphics card gets too hot.
A car standing on track, having their rpm running on the same height all the time happens if their computer freezes

Q: My internet connection is via WLAN. It´s lagging, what can I do to fix this?
A: When using Windows Vista try the tool "Vista Anti Lag"

Q: My GTR2 Lobby is empty. I do not see any server.
A: The lobby patch will fix this.

Useful Links:

How to
Tips and tricks
Our rules

Here it goes to the other parts of the beginners FAQ:
Common questions
The Pilsbierbuden Autoupdater
GTR2 installation questions

Is there any question missed?
Ask the question in the thread below and after it has been answered it will be added to the FAQ

Info: This thread needs to be tidied up sometimes. Some contributions have to be deleted in order to keep the focus on the FAQ
Der Administrator hat öffentliche Schreibrechte deaktiviert.

Re:Beginners FAQ2: Server connection problems 21 Jul 2010 06:15 #212433

Please, how can i get this version 1.1.0.0 No-Cd.exe

Aw: Re:Beginners FAQ2: Server connection problems 21 Jul 2010 07:42 #212436

Hey mate,

google is your friend :)

Step by step instruction:

1. open your browser ;)
2. go to "google"
3. copy the following text into google: GTR2 V1.1 no-cd
4. press "ENTER" :P
5. choose one link aaaaand hit it!
6. ready to race...

With greetings David

Re:Aw: Re:Beginners FAQ2: Server connection problems 21 Jul 2010 19:31 #212457

thank you so much!!!!

Re:Beginners FAQ2: Server connection problems 23 Nov 2011 22:59 #228749

Good Evening,

I installed GTR2 all over. runned the autoupdater successful. 1.1 patch, lobby patch and the 1.1 no cd. and still when i want to connect to one of the 7 servers i get the message:

Server is running a updated or modified Game.

Please help i don't have any ideas.

Kind Regards,

Kenneth

Re:Beginners FAQ2: Server connection problems 24 Nov 2011 12:04 #228756

• MichaW
  • MichaWs Avatar
  • Routinier
Hola,

look at this...

Questions about the Installation of GTR2:

Q: I have installed GTR2 and the patch 1.1.0.0. I have the Autoupdater installed and all the files, but it always says "incompatible game versions"
A: Have you installed the right patch 1.1.0.0.? There are two of them available, one for the European version and one for the US version.
A: If you have installed the right one and it doesn´t work I would suggest to delete your GTR2 (not the Autoupdater archive). Then install your GTR2 again, install the correct patch 1.1.0.0. and the correct NoCD patch v1.1. After that, start the game and create a profile. (it HAS to be done before running the Autoupdater) Then have your Autoupdater install the files again.
IT HAS TO WORK

Q: I have installed the game and the Autoupdater files. When joining the servers it always says: "Game not available. Host maybe using a modified version".
A: This message leads to the conclusion that the Autoupdater still hasn´t finished its work. Important: While the updater is downloading and installing some files do not start the game. Starting the game can cause installation problems. Make sure the Autoupdater is installing into the right directory.

maybe it will fix your problem

Glück auf!

Re:Beginners FAQ2: Server connection problems 24 Nov 2011 13:31 #228759

Hi,

As first thanks for the quick response.

I install the right patch the eu version.

but something is very strange. i can't click on GTR2 and Update in the autoupdater. the are grey the are inactive. but he isn't downloading anything or installing.

kind regards,

Kenneth

Aw: Re:Beginners FAQ2: Server connection problems 24 Nov 2011 18:10 #228766

Hi there

I wonder if you have all the Pilsbierbuden-files you need.
Your gamedata folder should contain more than 15Gb, the Updater must have downloaded for atleas a day or two.
If it didn't, make sure that the Updater downloads and installs all of the files correctly.
Actually I'm not really up to date about the Updater atm., but propably the answer is somewhere here: The Pilsbierbuden Autoupdater

Simon

Re:Aw: Re:Beginners FAQ2: Server connection problems 24 Nov 2011 18:57 #228770

Hi,

Its allready solved. he was not completed with downloading. see you guys soon on track.

Thanks for the help.

Kind Regards,

Kenneth

Re:Beginners FAQ2: Server connection problems 15 Aug 2015 10:36 #224326

Hi !

After running the Autoupdater i get this error after a while (Login Failed: Generel Error!) when im trying to go multiplayer/online, anyone know why??

Cheers

Aw: Beginners FAQ2: Server connection problems 15 Aug 2015 12:42 #224330

Hi! When you post in this thread, you have checked everything in the FAQ's?

- 1.1-Patch (EU/US?? "1.1.0.0 No-Cd.exe"?)
- PBB-Lobby-Patch
- right Login (Name, Password)
- GTR2 Online Key in Updater

Probably something with your login went wrong. In this case write a PM to FrankyBB, he can delete your login, so you can create a new one. But you can also try the following:
Run the AutoUpdater- "Reinstallation".
Does GTR2 work offline?
Is your internet connection ok, did you restart your router?
Were you already online on PBB-Servers or is this the first time? I think so, so the issue may be your login. Franky can help ;)

Greetz!
Madman

Re:Aw: Beginners FAQ2: Server connection problems 16 Aug 2015 20:50 #202652

- 1.1-Patch (EU/US?? "1.1.0.0 No-Cd.exe"?)
I've got the game from Steam so "they" patched it for me?? (it says 1.1.0.0 ingame)

Do i need the no-cd aswell?? Just diden't say so in th "howto" article

- PBB-Lobby-Patch
Isn't that included in the Autoupdater??

- right Login (Name, Password)
Tjek

- GTR2 Online Key in Updater
Tjek

Edit:

My game works Flawless offline, tracks/cars etc.. Only problem is when im trying to connect to the servers.

Edit v2: Before running the AutoUpdater i was able to join the "official" lobby servers.

Aw: Beginners FAQ2: Server connection problems 16 Aug 2015 23:51 #202702

From "Beginners FAQ":

"Questions about the Installation of GTR2:

Q: I have installed GTR2 and the patch 1.1.0.0. I have the Autoupdater installed and all the files, but it always says "incompatible game versions"
A: Have you installed the right patch 1.1.0.0.? There are two of them available, one for the European version and one for the US version.
A: If you have installed the right one and it doesn´t work I would suggest to delete your GTR2 (not the Autoupdater archive). Then install your GTR2 again, install the correct patch 1.1.0.0. and the correct NoCD patch v1.1. After that, start the game and create a profile. (it HAS to be done before running the Autoupdater) Then have your Autoupdater install the files again.
IT HAS TO WORK"

Maybe it is the NoCD-Patch... If you are able to join the lobby, the lobby patch must be ok. If not, well... ;) I don't know whether it's in the autoupdater.

Re:Aw: Beginners FAQ2: Server connection problems 17 Aug 2015 15:42 #193606

I did a re-install of GTR, patched, cracked, run the Autoupdater again, but it still says "Login Failed: Generel Error!"

Now, the lobby patch you were refering to is it the official one from simbin (link for this in the faq is down):
www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=22308

I will also write Franky as u suggested earlier :)
Ladezeit der Seite: 0.045 Sekunden
Zum Seitenanfang