Willkommen, Gast
Benutzername: Passwort: Angemeldet bleiben:

THEMA: New Sim Rig Finally Done! What do you think?

New Sim Rig Finally Done! What do you think? 24 Feb 2010 17:23 #265924

Hey Guys,
Well after what seems like forever, my sim rig is done, well almost, just a few more wires to tuck away and some panels to add to the footwell area. No more driving the desk! Between working lots of over time, travel and other home projects that were higher on the Wifes priority list I didn't think I would ever get this done.

The Base for this was the remnant of my freestanding Dart Board platform. I haven't used it for a long time and it was just taking up space. After a bit of planning I figured that it would make a great base for my Sim Rig. I was able to build the base and steering wheel mount just from the wood that came from the Dartboard itself. The rest of the unit was constructed from 1/2'" MDF, Indoor/Outdoor Carpet, Leather for the Shift console surface and Carbon Fiber adhesive Vinyl.

I added a few Mods as part of this upgrade. The most significant being the Load Cell Brake mod for the G-25 Pedals. I have only had about 30 minutes of driving time to test it but I can say with a great deal of confidence that it is a thousand times better. Other mods done include the Heusinkveld Engineering Kit to move the pedal positions around, the Flexiglow Gaming Keypad, Logitec 540 Surround Sound Speaker System, Buttkicker Gamer 2 and I modified the G-25 Shifter to simulate the extended Sequential Gearbox shifters in the Touring Cars.

Well enough of my rambling on, here are some photos to check out, I hope you enjoy them!

Der Administrator hat öffentliche Schreibrechte deaktiviert.

Re:New Sim Rig Finally Done! What do you think? 27 Feb 2010 20:29 #266008

:ohmy: :ohmy:

Triodus, that is one of the cleanest race pods I have ever seen! Very nicely done!! I like the way you made the wheel, shifter, gamepad, and other accessories integrate into the panels. Very sharp!

I was gonna suggest you post on TWIP also, but I see you already did :)

Re:New Sim Rig Finally Done! What do you think? 28 Feb 2010 00:47 #266009

wow looks so kool I think I need to build something for myself , happy racing, and thanks for the pics,,

Re:New Sim Rig Finally Done! What do you think? 28 Feb 2010 11:32 #266016

That is a very nice rig, really well done.B) ;)
I especially fancy the safety belt:P .
Happy racing!

Aw: New Sim Rig Finally Done! What do you think? 04 Mär 2010 19:41 #266152

Nice looking rig, good work! :)
Does the longer shifter work good? No wobbling?

How do you like the new position of the pedals? I thought about this a few days ago, but with the stock angle (flat on the bottom) of the pedals like mine they might flip over or something like that.

Re:Aw: New Sim Rig Finally Done! What do you think? 04 Mär 2010 22:05 #266157

Patty wrote:
Nice looking rig, good work! :)
Does the longer shifter work good? No wobbling?

How do you like the new position of the pedals? I thought about this a few days ago, but with the stock angle (flat on the bottom) of the pedals like mine they might flip over or something like that.

The pedals are mounted solid to the base of the rig. so they dont move. This was nessesary because of the Load Cell Brake. It requires the same amount of force as a real car. I modified the pedal positions for left foot braking and with a quick switch of the gas pedal position I can set it up for Heel/Toe. The shifter works really well, you just have to aware of how you shift with it.
Ladezeit der Seite: 0.027 Sekunden
Zum Seitenanfang