Willkommen, Gast
Benutzername: Passwort: Angemeldet bleiben:

THEMA: Mods/Skins/Tracks for an Offline game?

Mods/Skins/Tracks for an Offline game? 12 Mai 2012 17:58 #286177

I've been downloading and installing Mods, Tracks and Skins for GTR2 [Offline]for many years without difficulty, but the Race07/GTR Evo/RaceOn series are different.
I'm unable to race online due to my ISP being satellite, which makes my uplink slower than the Post Office, so I'm limited to Offline only.
I've had Race07 for as long as I've had GTR2 but have never done much with it.

I really don't know if I've installed the two "Expansion" games [Evo & RaceOn] correctly as the instructions just say let the 'autorun' do it's thing and follow the instructions. OK, but if you install them one after the other, the 'location' box just says [C:\Program Files\Race 07\] and in doing that with all the Expansion games, things come up missing. So, I've separated them in my C:\Program Files\ folder and when asked abut the 'shortcut' location I've done that the same too. [C:\...\Simbin\Race07 and C:\...\Simbin\GTR Evo and C:\...\Simbin\RaceOn and it works fine. I think [except the RaceOn Championships are not present, like in GTR2 etc.

I've asked all over the place [different sites] and haven't found any help in how I installed all three [offline] games, or how I go about installing Mods and such. Most Mods suggest "copy to the [...Steam\game] folder, but I'm OFFLINE.

I installed a track from Weissbierbude [SchottenRing67] into RaceOn by dropping it into the [Addon\GameData\Location] folder, but I also dropped it into the RaceOn\GameData\Location folder as well. It works, so now I'm going to remover it from the RaceOn\GameData\Location folder to find out if it will still work [in the Addon folder].

TRIAL AND ERROR IS SO STRESSFUL AND TIRESOME!!!

My questions: [2] :(
1. Did I install the three [offline] games correctly; as separated games?
2. Is there any tutorial for the Race07/Evo/On series to show how to install addons?

I hope someone out there has the patience to give me a hand? I love Sim Racing [even if it is only against the AI compteitors], and want to do it correctly.

The software Manual is so vague on such a complicated issue as installing "Expansion Games" to the Race07 game. :blink:
Der Administrator hat öffentliche Schreibrechte deaktiviert.

Aw: Mods/Skins/Tracks for an Offline game? 12 Mai 2012 23:53 #286180

• keanos
  • keanoss Avatar
  • Administrator
  • R3E
Install the games per steam, than you have all official Simbin pakages in one game and you can use the Autoupdater from this site. And you can play offline to, yes you have in this case than a Multiplayermode ingame but ignore it if you don't want to use it.

The installation-directory at this case is somethins like C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\"your steamname"\Race07\

If you install the offline Versions of Race07, GTREvo and RaceOn, than you have 3 differnt gameinstallations you cant install GTREvo in the same folder as Race07, the same with RaceOn. The Problem is that some AddOns/Mods use librarys of the original simbin-Files. So it can be that a mod that you put into the GTREvo installaiotns works but it won't work in the Race07 or RaceOn-installation.

So my hint, use the steaminstallation if you wan't to use Mods or AddOn Tracks.
"Das sind die Reifen, Baby! Fahr mal drei Runden, dann sind die ferddich!" - RS Hartl, 09.03.2020, 20:51 Uhr

Du möchtest gerne Rennwiederholungen der Raceroom Events hier anschauen?
Dann schau doch mal hier (www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZy8lIlBw...dAfez3ZLO2ORMJmJ3MKI)

Re:Aw: Mods/Skins/Tracks for an Offline game? 19 Mai 2012 20:19 #286346

Hello Keanos,
You are suggesting that I install [07/Evo/On] as a steam Installation, even though I'm not able to use the games on-line?
How is that possible?
I have a Satellite ISP which has a VERY SLOW downlink and a even SLOWER uplink. So, as with a lot of interactive games and software I'm not able to use them because my reply would be so slow getting to everyone else that the race would be over before I completed one lap!!!
Do you [or anyone else] have some advice on adding on Mods, Skins & Tracks to these three games?
Thanks for you response.
Ladezeit der Seite: 0.049 Sekunden
Zum Seitenanfang