Willkommen, Gast
Benutzername: Passwort: Angemeldet bleiben:

THEMA: Skoda Octavia Yesterday

Skoda Octavia Yesterday 05 Mai 2008 13:36 #155430

Hi folks,

I would like to thank everybody for the cool, exiting races on Sever 1 yesterday. It was lot of fun to go racing with you all(Ash, Brombi, Hamster, TomTom......

BUT :
I missed a little bit of "Budenspirit".

Ok the races and overtakes were all fair, there was alot of sorry and Thank you in the channel.
But when I started to drive here, there was a point middle of the race when the fast Guys/leaders slowed down to get the field back together. Its just muchmuchmore fun to race with each other then against.
I think for the competition there is the laptimemonitor and the events
--every day racing is for fun. at least the slower drivers can learn from the fast guys only when they are in sight:woohoo:

i dont want to minimize the fun from yesterday, it was great racing. But try to think about it.

Greetings and see you on track

Hendrik aka MadHilsen

Excuse my weak english
Der Administrator hat öffentliche Schreibrechte deaktiviert.

Aw: Skoda Octavia Yesterday 06 Mai 2008 10:56 #155444

Moin and hallo!

Just some words from me.

I think most of the "new english" drivers are absolutely correct and know the spirit of the "Bude".

Those - who don´t know..we have to try to "get in the boat"...

You know..i´m living on the north sea coast and from my balcony i see every day ships going out to the north sea.

So come on..you new fast drivers...you are welcome to the sailing Ship "Bockbierbude"...

All together...not against..that´s the spirit i like here
!

Hope to see you all on track again!

Greetings from the wonderful north sea coast of Germany
Andrew + Family

By the way..Mad Hilsen (Hendrik) is one of my best online Friends here. He´s definetly not against the new english drivers! We discussed it yesterday in TS and have a lot of fun with the damned Skoda...(i hate this car..but a nice cockpit-view..:silly: )

Just receive a PM from Rocket..i think..i am sure..he´s a good guy. Only fast..that´s the prob....;)

Re:Skoda Octavia Yesterday 07 Mai 2008 13:33 #155453

Hi MadHilsen,

We all love to race, I’m sure that we can agree on.
The problem starts when lets say 12 guys racing in the skoda @ Norisring just like the other day.
4 of the 12 guys are lapping nearly 10 seconds a lap faster than the other 8 guys, on a track with an average lap time under a minute that is a large gap between the 2 groups. So what do you do B) and wait for the second group to catch up, yes as in the "Budenspirit". No problem but, it’s human nature in racing if someone speeds up the rest try to follow, those who can chase do, so at the end of the next lap you end up with split group with a 10 second gap between them again. So if each of the top 4 guys racing decide to do fast laps one after another you end up with a 40 second gap to 5th place after 4 laps. I always try to slow for a slower group, but what should I do if 1, 2, 3, or 4 guys go speeding past, wait 10/40 seconds for the next group or try to catch the first group. Another point is: Fast lap times are only possible over 2 laps not 1 as you have to be traveling over the start line fast as possible to gain tenths of a second on the next lap. Start/finish lines are always on a straight 99% so the quickest way to improve a lap time is to be faster out of the last corner and build from there, 1 corner at a time. Following someone is ok for learning a track watching replays or live watching someone who is faster is a far better way of becoming faster as you can pin point the braking point on each corner with the countdown marker boards i.e., 250m, 200m, 150m, 100m, signs advertising boards or trees, get the brake point right then you can concentrate on corner apexes and exit speed thus enabling you to go faster down the straight. Racing tracks are a series of drag races, with corners put in for a challenge.
Still we had good fun, or some sadistic tenancies as we kept voting for restart after the end of each race :P

Aw: Skoda Octavia Yesterday 07 Mai 2008 22:41 #155463

Hey Ash, thx for your comment. When I wrote this thread I thought not really about Norisring. At shorttracks it s not so important for me, but what about Manfield, Sepang, Macau, Hockenheim.....all the midsize tracks?
You fast guys, and me semifast guys have racefeeling in nearly every race because we can get nearly the same speed( ok i have to train a bit harder:P )
Drivers who cant get your/our speed although want to have this feeling. You can rush for the fastlaps in training and qualisessions.

If the leading pack has an eye to the rest of the field( there is a statusbar in the monitor) it should be easy to slow down. I started as a bloody rookie here on the bude 6 month ago, and I was really happy about people who waited for me. I thought:

Hey, they dont Know me but they care for me!!! I am part of the community. Nice guys, i stay here.

Now that I am not longer the slowest guy, arrived in midfield i want to give some of this feeling back.
Ok, driving behind fastguys is only a little part to become a good driver, but it is the most fun here. Driving together thats why I am here.

At least, I dont want to p*** anyone off. Just wanted to start a little discussion;)

I like you ash, you are definetly a fastguy, you are very kind an friendly. Its good to know you here. And big thx for the setup:)

See ya on Norisring

A tired Hendrik

Re:Aw: Skoda Octavia Yesterday 07 Mai 2008 23:32 #155465

Hi Hendrik,

thx for the kind words, I feel the same way. I'm here also to have fun and the fact that you are all such a great bunch of people makes me want to stay also. I always try to do the right thing and the last thing i want is to p*** anyone off. I try to wait for slower drivers and i will do my best to make sure everyone else upholds the spirt of the "Bude"

Take care and see you soon

P.S any chance i can have a pace car with flashing lights and siren :silly:

Aw: Re:Aw: Skoda Octavia Yesterday 07 Mai 2008 23:52 #155466

Ash schrieb:

P.S any chance i can have a pace car with flashing lights and siren :silly:

Hehe, good idea. Btw you have to wait for all other drivers, but you have to let me pass:woohoo: :woohoo:

N8 M8
Ladezeit der Seite: 0.029 Sekunden
Zum Seitenanfang