Willkommen, Gast
Benutzername: Passwort: Angemeldet bleiben:

THEMA: Cut detection and tracks in the BBB archive...

Cut detection and tracks in the BBB archive... 23 Jun 2008 12:01 #156346

Some time ago, when I proposed some new tracks to add to BBB (which included Sugo and Fundidora), a few of my suggestions were rejected. These included Neva Ring ( www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=Neva%20Ring ) and Birmingham ( www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=Birmingham%20Motorplex ), as the BBB admins felt that the cut detection was not good enough.

I would like to point out that we have tracks with poor cut detection already here at BBB. This is not an exhaustive list, but it includes:-
Hockenhiem (all three modern versions, turn one)
Silverstone [Northamptonshire] (all three versions, turn one, plus turn five of grand prix)
Curitiba (all versions, the chicane)
Montreal (final chicane)
Der Administrator hat öffentliche Schreibrechte deaktiviert.

Aw: Cut detection and tracks in the BBB archive... 23 Jun 2008 12:13 #156347

Birmingham Mplex is already there and Neva is WIP :laugh:

At Hockenheim cutting turn one seems to be usual.

Silverstone and Montreal come installed with rfactor, so does Toban, the Mother of all cut-tracks :)

If one tries, he can cut nearly every track, just for example Euro-Ring, any layout of Livet Glen and so on. I know some people here who specialize in cutting tracks - you can never stop them from doing so.

Just stop complaining, drive clean, talk to the cutters and trust in Slowmotion :cheer:

Re:Aw: Cut detection and tracks in the BBB archive... 23 Jun 2008 12:31 #156350

Birmingham Superprix is here at BBB, but it is very different to Motorplex! Motorplex is a hilly circuit with at least three variations, not a mostly flat wide street circuit ;)

As for Neva, it may well be a "WIP," but that release candidate download has been available for ages. The track layout is great and the only minor issue that really needs sorting out by the moRe team is the AI line and their speed... which makes no difference to us at BBB. If you have never tried the track, go and download it and take the BBTC cars for a spin! ;)

Despite this thread being the next one after my moaning about a lap time on record, this was brought up simply to point out that the reason I was given for rejecting some tracks was not used to prevent others from entering the BBB achive since my nominations.

As you may have seen, I have suggested some new tracks to add to the BBB achive, in the last half hour.

Aw: Re:Aw: Cut detection and tracks in the BBB arc 23 Jun 2008 14:05 #156353

Currently we already have 204 tracks to choose from. Of course, there are a lot more interesting tracks available on rfactorcentral, nogrip etc. But even if we stick to the tracks in the BBB archive it shouldnt get boring for the next years.

Montreal and especially Silverstone are classics and - at least to me - essential. However, votes for Silverstone are always close to 3 stars and it will never be driven on server 1. :unsure:
The list of really important, yet "cutter-favoured" tracks can be extended even to Imola and Spa. I dont want to miss these tracks just because some fools try to make their way up in the ranking list and apply their offroad skills.

Re:Aw: Re:Aw: Cut detection and tracks in the BBB arc 23 Jun 2008 14:39 #156354

Daniel wrote:
Montreal and especially Silverstone are classics and - at least to me - essential. However, votes for Silverstone are always close to 3 stars and it will never be driven on server 1. :unsure:

I love how we all get the option to say which tracks we would like to see on server 1. Personally, I would love to see this extended to other BBB servers as well. It makes the track rotation the responsibility of the active members, rather than the admins second-guessing what we might like to drive with a particular car.

As I have written before though, the way we vote currently is open to abuse: Members can vote on a scale from 0 to 5 for every track as many times as they like, trying to ensure that most tracks they want get into the top 20.

I suspect that if we could just vote once per month for which twenty tracks we would like to see next month, we would see rather different server 1 track rotations. I could be wrong though! ;)

I know this would need a lot of time to re-code the voting system! I would be prepared to manually count a private vote and publish the results and votes at the end of each month! :D

Aw: Re:Aw: Re:Aw: Cut detection and tracks in the 23 Jun 2008 16:40 #156356

N0body Of The Goat schrieb:
As I have written before though, the way we vote currently is open to abuse: Members can vote on a scale from 0 to 5 for every track as many times as they like, trying to ensure that most tracks they want get into the top 20.

I suspect that if we could just vote once per month for which twenty tracks we would like to see next month, we would see rather different server 1 track rotations. I could be wrong though! ;)
You are wrong. ;)
Each vote only counts once. You can alter the vote, but you cant vote several times for one track.

Re:Aw: Re:Aw: Re:Aw: Cut detection and tracks in the 23 Jun 2008 18:16 #156357

Well i don't know how you don't notice it, but Aintree is very good for cutting...the last 2-3 corners are designed for that... :)
Ladezeit der Seite: 0.043 Sekunden
Zum Seitenanfang