Willkommen, Gast
Benutzername: Passwort: Angemeldet bleiben:

THEMA: Only 19 tracks in the current rotation!

Only 19 tracks in the current rotation! 02 Jul 2008 01:42 #156599

I noticed last night that there are only 19 tracks in the rotation....i have currently got 410 points and there are only 65 points available to me giving a total of 475 points meaning that there are only 19 tracks!

Rocket
Der Administrator hat öffentliche Schreibrechte deaktiviert.

Aw: Only 19 tracks in the current rotation! 02 Jul 2008 02:42 #156600

...and the problem is what?

w e a r e s o s o r r y

arround 400-500 days everthing went well.

thank you for showing us this mistake.

we will try to program the robots, doing all this work, new and better.

Aw: Only 19 tracks in the current rotation! 02 Jul 2008 10:22 #156601

Wheres the fun

on server one?

To bring back the joy we missed

please delete the ranking list

Removing the ranking!!!! noooo 02 Jul 2008 12:09 #156602

why would you want to remove the rankings list.........?

It is a continual record of the fastest laps with each of the class of cars. It give everyone an overall look at the field of drivers that they might be racing against and who to look out for on the track.

Personally I like to check the rankings list to improve upon my times and to see if anyone has beaten any of my times.

The rankings list and the best laps are an integral part of this server, its what makes it tick...I unfortunatley cannot race at the times you set your races on a friday, 1 hour later and I would be there. I am sad to miss the races as this is also a great part of the server which I miss. So this leads me back to the rankings list which I have to rely upon to keep my laps times fast, so that if I do a race I will be a top 10 challenger. I also see my own times in the rankings list and am always striving to beat my own times which also gives others the incentive to try to beat me!!

KEEP THE RANKINGS!!

Rocket

Aw: Only 19 tracks in the current rotation! 02 Jul 2008 12:38 #156603

dont be afraid, it wont be removed.

I was only talking about the ranking, not the best times. Sadly, there are a lot of drivers who do not know how the ranking is calculated and do not wait for the slower drivers because they think they have to win the races.
Then there are some who do not join the server with the same cars as others just to get their laptimes for the ranking. This causes CTDs and bad mood on the server.

So this is just my two cents, I miss the feeling of racing together, of waiting, sharing setups, helping each other and so on.

And what makes the bude tick schould NOT be the ranking and the best times, but the spirit of driving together.
This spirit is in danger, it may be lost. Maybe thats why a lot of the old-school drivers from the first days of the Buden are no more seen on the servers.

The ranking is just a little gimmick and not the reason to drive here.

And my little rhyme was just for fun :laugh:

An answer back... 02 Jul 2008 13:44 #156608

I have been racing here for a good few months now, and I have noticed that there are a number of drivers who are getting better and better which means that I am being pushed further and need to practice more, I think the spirit is there. You/we have a good little community of good drivers, who I feel obey the rules of the server. If you had raced where Myself and Ash had raced before....'usaracing' it was a nightmare on wheels, 1st corner piles ups, restart after restart after restart, cutters, smashers, rammers, wreckers and all the time I wanted to get better at my driving...I made some good friends from there but that is what I call a bad set up for a server. I even volenteered to be an admin to try and strighten out the server which I did with some help from ash, we would sit in our cars at cutting points and boot people and warn people, but still the wreckers arrived and the cutters cut. This was what i would call a bad racing atmosphere and a badly set up server.

You have a great server which has drivers who care about if they hit each other, who apologise for there mistakes, and do slow down for each other, yes there are some cutters, but on the whole cutters can't win a race or be consistent!

I would say that every race is different and never does everyone cross the line at the same time so you will always have breakaway packs of cars or even one fast driver. I try to beat my own pb's whether in practice, qualify or the race cause I just want to squeeze the last fraction of a second out of myself. I know people watch me whilst I drive which is also something that I do to see how others drive round the track this is so beneficial to anyone who drives and I am quite happy to give people set ups, to help them to obtain faster times.
I am english and don't understand any german so if there is bad atmosphere between drivers i am unable to tell (german to german).

So just to end you have a great server, and a great racing atmosphere.

My rhyme to you:

Cars and tracks and drivers race,
All to keep the leaders pace,
Here I race to keep first place,
before I'm hit and in the pit.

lol

Regards

Rocket:)

Aw: Only 19 tracks in the current rotation! 02 Jul 2008 13:55 #156609

nice...

I did not want to make a big thing out of this...
and I did not want to accuse anybody personally... especially not you...

just from time to time *some* people need to be reminded what the bude is and that the ranking list is just a little gimmick and not the reason...

and, back to topic, well, there are only 19 tracks... so what? :)

Re:Aw: Only 19 tracks in the current rotation! 02 Jul 2008 14:41 #156613

Current rotation says 20 tracks......
Ladezeit der Seite: 0.038 Sekunden
Zum Seitenanfang