Willkommen, Gast
Benutzername: Passwort: Angemeldet bleiben:

THEMA: which wheel do you guys use?

which wheel do you guys use? 01 Dez 2008 20:46 #159196

Hi all,
Noob on here. Had the game a while but never bothered with it. Now i am downloading the full package and wondered which steering wheels you guys use? Is the g25 the only one to have if you are a serious racer? I am currently using my keyboard:(
Der Administrator hat öffentliche Schreibrechte deaktiviert.

Aw: which wheel do you guys use? 01 Dez 2008 22:20 #159199

Hy, and welcome here,
most people use the g25 becouse it is verry god quality and its just a fine thing, no plastik just metall pedalls and wipes also two electromotors working constantly together for a nice real handling impression and god feedback from the car and tracksurface...all by all, there is nothing on the market at this time that can reach this quallity..I was using the momo wheel before and it was not even compairable to the g25..in my oppinion the answer is yes, actualy it's every cent worth for, if you want to drive seriously online-racing there is on alternativ for less money, maybe you can get a costumized wheel for more but the base there is almost every time a g25 to..

If you just getting startet, (after keybord-driving:)) you may not need that wheel, fore the first few months ore a year, maybe you never do, but how you say it before, to start seriusly online racing, you will ned that thing oneday..I did so:)

regards

Re:which wheel do you guys use? 01 Dez 2008 23:29 #159200

Hey dude!
Seriously there is nothing to touch the G25 for the money or for quite a bit more either!
As previously stated even most of the custom made stuff is based around it anyway!
They have come down a bit in price here in England, paid about £180 for mine a couple of years ago and you can get them for around 140-150 now. the only complaint some people really have is that they feel the shifter unit is a bit flimsy but you can buy some heavy duty ones online too and i've never had a problem with mine :D
Get one! you will LOVE IT!

Re:which wheel do you guys use? 02 Dez 2008 12:14 #159208

Thank you guys for the welcome and the advice. I am now looking for a g25!!

Re:which wheel do you guys use? 04 Dez 2008 13:29 #159284

G25 arrived! See you guys on track!

Re:which wheel do you guys use? 03 Feb 2009 13:17 #160266

I had a sale of all my xbox gear to get this mate......well worth it in my opinion. I have since built a simulator around it, it's that good.

Re:which wheel do you guys use? 03 Feb 2009 14:53 #160268

Hey G25RSI,
Post a picture of your home built simulator m8, so we all can have a look :)

Re:which wheel do you guys use? 05 Feb 2009 18:33 #160308

lol It's under my stairs I will as soon as I have a new micro sd card for my camera.

Re:which wheel do you guys use? 09 Feb 2009 12:56 #160362

I got my G-25 last month and though reverse has stopped working already, (I just reconfigured 6th gear for it,,lol) it made rFactor drivable! I'd about given up on the game with my DFP but the G25 made it DRIVING!!

Re:which wheel do you guys use? 03 Mai 2009 21:07 #161367

DenDanger wrote:
I got my G-25 last month and though reverse has stopped working already, (I just reconfigured 6th gear for it,,lol) it made rFactor drivable! I'd about given up on the game with my DFP but the G25 made it DRIVING!!

Since posting this, I have gotten an SST shifter. Love it!!

Re:which wheel do you guys use? 06 Jun 2009 20:34 #161753

the g25 is a great wheel , but then so is the logitech momo racing wheel which i own, i prefer the momo as it has more buttons to program settings with

Re:which wheel do you guys use? 28 Aug 2009 15:55 #162953

I allso have a MOMO Racing force iv had 3 for the price you can get them for now there your best bet if you can get a G25

Re:which wheel do you guys use? 28 Aug 2009 16:49 #162954

I drive with Microsoft Sidewinder FFB wheel, which is not the best out there... Have tried the momo force and it's way better than this. This is plastic all the way, nasty bugs in the already shabby FFB, rather insensitive pedals and so forth. But on the upside it has 8 programmable buttons.

It has lasted with me quite a while though, but I have already tore the rubber handgrips off the wheel itself. Maybe I should invest in a new wheel instead of complaining... oh well... :laugh:

Re:which wheel do you guys use? 06 Mär 2010 22:42 #165783

Well first i had a formula force gp and bought a momo - big difference.. then i bought a driving force gt - again big difference from the momo; now i have a g25 and again.. huge difference from the driving force :silly: gotta try a fanatec though, i've heard they're nice

Aw: Re:which wheel do you guys use? 07 Mär 2010 00:45 #165784

Skippe schrieb:
I drive with Microsoft Sidewinder FFB wheel, which is not the best out there... Have tried the momo force and it's way better than this. This is plastic all the way, nasty bugs in the already shabby FFB, rather insensitive pedals and so forth. But on the upside it has 8 programmable buttons.

It has lasted with me quite a while though, but I have already tore the rubber handgrips off the wheel itself. Maybe I should invest in a new wheel instead of complaining... oh well... :laugh:

I'm the same as you Skipper, bought my Sidewinder way back, probably around 1998/2000. Mine has lasted pretty well as it's not been out of it's box for about 7 years...haha!
You're right, it is a little 'dated' by modern wheel standards but I must admit I still like it. I still have all the rubber on my handles and all 8 buttons still work fine, I did think about changing it when I bought rFactor but I've since changed my mind...... For now.
Ladezeit der Seite: 0.048 Sekunden
Zum Seitenanfang