Willkommen, Gast
Benutzername: Passwort: Angemeldet bleiben:

THEMA: Thinking of selling pit crew on FeeBAY

Thinking of selling pit crew on FeeBAY 29 Mai 2010 12:11 #167212

Hi All,
I'm a little confused In the Megane race @ Essington the pit options only allowed for tyre changing as damage and fuel are N/A on the in-car pit HUD, and fuel pit strategy setup screen. The trouble started when Pitting for the 1st time the pit timer says 14 seconds changing tyres and 10 seconds repairing damage.

No tyres were changed :huh: in the 14 seconds, lazy f****** and damage repair 10 seconds, is damage repair preset? Because there is no option to turn damage repair on/off during that race but the server was set to 33% damage. Well I thought sod it :X did another lap or 2 until my tyre blow completely, pitted again get the same message saying 14 seconds changing tyres blah, blah,
Then leaving the pits check the tyre temps to find the bloody pit crew have only changed 1 tyre. Maybe my pit crew has only 1 person :ohmy: something to do with world recession and cut backs, I don't know :dry:
What should I do? Fire the pit crew, buy some more, is there an option for that :unsure: :laugh:

P.S. Grats to all that finished the race and commiserations to those who did not.
Der Administrator hat öffentliche Schreibrechte deaktiviert.

Aw: Thinking of selling pit crew on FeeBAY 29 Mai 2010 13:06 #167213

Fuel consumption was set to 0 to avoid problems with refueling. The French pit crews are a bit lazy, they only change a tyre if it is blown. :laugh:
Next time we'll switch back to the endurance meganes, I don't remember any of these problems when we used them instead.
Although the handling was a bit twitchy sometimes it was fun, at least for me. Right from the start I tried to push as hard as possible the first 5 laps and then slowed the pace keeping an eye on the tyre-wear. After 15 laps the front left tyre had 5% left when I entered the pitlane. Too bad 5% too much!! :P So I did another lap and finally got some new rubber. I really tried to finish this race, but the grip balance of the tyres even got worse. So when both rear tyres had <10% I decided to do some burnouts and have both changed at the end of that lap. Well, I should have taken into consideration that it's good to have at least one tyre on the driving axle. :silly:

Aw: Thinking of selling pit crew on FeeBAY 29 Mai 2010 13:08 #167214

hehe, the pitcrew can only do what the modders allow them to do - and they did not set an option for fuel. Also they set the tire options in a way that you have to set every single tire for changing, not as usual both front or both rear tires. Alongside theres an option that allows only damaged tires to be changed....wtf?

(offtopic, the wing settings also do not have any effect on downforce, only on drag - lol)

I couldn´t find a mistake in the repair section of the files, so maybe rFactor itself f...ed this up.

Sooooo - maybe the megane is only for sprint races in the future...?

edit: lol, Daniel was faster, as always, I´m already used to it :laugh:

Re:Aw: Thinking of selling pit crew on FeeBAY 29 Mai 2010 14:09 #167215

Hey I remember we had a megane race @ Botniaring with the 05 eurocup cars, then we had no problems with pit stops then, If you assigned tyres to be changed it worked Shame you had to wait for the tyre to blow before it would change, 70% tyre wear would have been better as you said Daniel, very difficult to drive with 3 tyres between 90%-99% worn and 1 cold new tyre.
Still good fun :woohoo:

Aw: Re:Aw: Thinking of selling pit crew on FeeBAY 29 Mai 2010 14:46 #167216

Hi.

Hmmmmm :unsure: chaos during pitstops:

Btw, maybe some crewmembers didn't arrive because of the Volcanic Ashes. :P

B) Einstein

Aw: Thinking of selling pit crew on FeeBAY 30 Mai 2010 09:24 #167232

• Jeal
  • Jeals Avatar
  • Simulant
Ash wrote:
Hey I remember we had a megane race @ Botniaring with the 05 eurocup cars, then we had no problems with pit stops then, If you assigned tyres to be changed it worked...

Hi Ash,

Unfortunately I didn't participate the race at Botniaring (I missed it because of school things with my kids :angry:) in last year's spring, but I prepared for the race. I am pretty sure that they didn't change the tyres as well. I was wondering why - until I found it in one of the mod's configuration file (MeganeV2.hdv):
DamagedTiresOnly=1 // Tire change restrictions: 0=any tire can be changed 1=only damaged tires can be changed; default=0

I don't think that this can be overwritten by other administrative settings...

In my opinion it was ok, the annoying point rather was that tyre wear was set to triple (as you posted in the race). That was a little bit exaggerated...

Kind regards

Jeal
Ladezeit der Seite: 0.036 Sekunden
Zum Seitenanfang