Willkommen, Gast
Benutzername: Passwort: Angemeldet bleiben:

THEMA: How can I donate funds by \"snail mail?\"

How can I donate funds by \"snail mail?\" 21 Okt 2011 06:18 #174723

While I do use plastic, I don't use PayPal. Still, I'm also willing to fork over some funds to support the site.

So what I need is a "snail mail" mailing address.

It would also help to know if I should send a US Postal "International Money Order"...or if a simple check drawn on a US bank would be negotiable (I'm assuming it would, and it would save me a step).

Thanks for any reply from you "insiders" (aka: "admins").

CS
Der Administrator hat öffentliche Schreibrechte deaktiviert.

Re:How can I donate funds by \"snail mail?\" 24 Okt 2011 06:44 #174812

I've been informed via "private message (thank you, responder!)" that other, slower "real-mail" options are currently not available to me. So I guess this means I either ride along on someone else's nickel/or "back"..or I get kicked out for failing to contribute.

Hope I don't--I like it here!

---

I'd be happy to contribute, but only if my personal identity wasn't possible to be compromised. It has been, once in the past, so I'm ...leery...aka: pretty "gunshy."

---

I, myself, do not use PayPal because it is not subject to US banking laws (it, technically, is not a bank)...because a close family member and I both had problems with a couple of the user-agreement clauses (she's a lawyer)...and because I've already been the victim of identity theft...and I don't ever want to repeat that episode.

So today, even when I buy new computer parts, I now only do so by sending "snail-mail" funds...so I also, necessarily, only deal with those retailers who will make that sort of slow payment a viable option for me.

I also won't bid on anything on ebay unless I'm clearly able to pay by money-order or other means (bank-checks might be slow, but they are always negotiable). "PayPal only" payment auctions are not an option for me.

---

I take risks only with my driving. After all...when I crash, my very last option is to land on my wallet (well, either that or on my head!). And my wallet is all too thin already these days.... :D

CS

gelöscht 25 Okt 2011 00:53 #174820

gelöscht
Ladezeit der Seite: 0.029 Sekunden
Zum Seitenanfang