Willkommen, Gast
Benutzername: Passwort: Angemeldet bleiben:

THEMA: Beginners FAQ3: The Pilsbierbuden Autoupdater

Beginners FAQ3: The Pilsbierbuden Autoupdater 07 Feb 2010 15:50 #207270

FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
PBB - PilsBierBude

This FAQ has been made out of several articles and will be enhanced as time goes by. It is supposed to be a compendium of the most often asked questions, and their answers, causing trouble for beginners. Beginner-questions and their answers can be discussed here.

Please discuss any kind of problems in here, too.

The PBB Auto-Updater:

Q: What does the Pilsbierbuden Autoupdater do? How does it work?
A: The Updater automatically downloads all the Pilsbierbuden cars and tracks and installs them on your computer into your GTR2 installation all by itself.
It also checks if any cars/tracks aren´t Installed or out-dated and Installs/replaces them.

Q: Why is the download speed so slow sometimes?
A: The updater is a peer to peer program. The files you need are downloaded from other user’s computers to yours. The more members that have their updater running the faster it will download files.
Everybody who supports us on server costs (or did so lately) will get the opportunity of a direct FTP-download. It is way faster than the peer to peer download

Q: My Autoupdater has been running for a couple of hours now. I´d like to drive some laps. Can I interrupt it now and continue it later?
A:Yes, the updater will continue from where you stopped it. IMPORTANT: Do not start the game while running the Autoupdater. This can cause file installation problems.

Q: Can I play while the updater is downloading?
A: No, that doesn´t work. If you got your game starting you better quit. The game uses files, the updater wants to change. The updater will not be able to change them and updating the files will fail. It will probably cause connection problems also.

Q: I have just downloaded all files with the Autoupdater. Now my GTR2 doesn´t start anymore.
A: Your game-folder has increased to about 15 GB because of the over 383 tracks and 2934 Cars, starting the game will take much more time now. It can take up to 3 to 4 minutes if you have just started the computer. Any further start won´t take that long.

Q: The Autoupdater is installed. If I start the updater a long debug message will be shown.
A: The last lines are the important ones and should give a clue to the problem. Post these lines below.
Make sure you are admin when installing the updater
Make sure there is not a firewall or router blocking the connection.

Q: I have installed the game and the Autoupdater files. When joining the servers it always says: "Game not available. Host maybe using a modified version".
A: This message leads to the conclusion that the Autoupdater still hasn´t finished its work. Important: While the updater is downloading and installing some files do not start the game. Starting the game can cause installation problems. Make sure the Autoupdater is installing into the right directory.

Useful Links:

How to
Tips and tricks
Our rules

Here it goes to the other parts of the beginners FAQ:
Common questions
Server connection problems
GTR2 installation questions

Is there any question missed?
Ask the question in the thread below and after it has been answered it will be added to the FAQ

Info: This thread needs to be tidied up sometimes. Some contributions have to be deleted in order to keep the focus on the FAQ
Der Administrator hat öffentliche Schreibrechte deaktiviert.

Re:Beginners FAQ3: The Pilsbierbuden Autoupdater 01 Sep 2012 16:37 #236116

Hi guys
I've have a question about a download of a mod.
I try to download the GT3 mod..but with the autoupdater I didn't find it..I found only cars..and in the download section on the website the mod says that is available only with autoupdate..can you help me?
Thank a lot
Corrado

Re:Beginners FAQ3: The Pilsbierbuden Autoupdater 15 Mai 2013 20:29 #215961

Regarding this question: "Q: Can I play while the updater is downloading?"

Honestly, the updater should check for exclusive access to GTR 2 files. Hope I haven't screwed up my updater installation. I'm sure I'll find out soon enuf :s

Re:Beginners FAQ3: The Pilsbierbuden Autoupdater 14 Mai 2014 10:06 #249686

Hi, I just signed up here. I am new to all this.I still have a few doubts about the updater. I have downloaded my GTR 2 game. I would like to have more cars and tracks like laguna seca and Sepang added to it. My question is...will the updater do its job and add many cars and good tracks to the default game? If so will I be forced to play online or something like that ?...for instance ...if the updater has finished adding all cars and tracks, can I play offline(single player)?....because I dont want to play online. Please reply as soon as possible so that I can start downloading and start playing :(

Aw: Re:Beginners FAQ3: The Pilsbierbuden Autoupdater 14 Mai 2014 11:22 #249695

Hi and welcome to the Bude,

No you're not forced to drive online!
The Auto Updater is a really cool tool that downloads, installs and manages all the mods and tracks the PBB has to offer and those ar a lot.

It depends on your connection speed but the dowload can take a few days. Just take the time and don't try to play during the download, it can ruin the installation. But it's worth the wait!

Broekie

Re:Beginners FAQ3: The Pilsbierbuden Autoupdater 25 Okt 2014 16:42 #206131

I have a question regarding re-installation of the GTR 2 game, after having downloaded all custom tracks and cars. What exact directories and files CAN I put aside, then copy into a clean GTR 2 installation, and then just have a quick update using the Auto-Updater ?

I know I can run the Auto-Updater against a clean installation, but that is not the question here.

Thanks

Re:Beginners FAQ3: The Pilsbierbuden Autoupdater 25 Okt 2014 16:46 #206128

Bharat Jeevan wrote:
Hi, I just signed up here. I am new to all this.I still have a few doubts about the updater. I have downloaded my GTR 2 game. I would like to have more cars and tracks like laguna seca and Sepang added to it. My question is...will the updater do its job and add many cars and good tracks to the default game? If so will I be forced to play online or something like that ?...for instance ...if the updater has finished adding all cars and tracks, can I play offline(single player)?....because I dont want to play online. Please reply as soon as possible so that I can start downloading and start playing :(

The Auto-Updater just copies custom tracks and cars and what not to your GTR 2 game. It's not directly related to online gaming.

What is true, is that if everybody does this, we all have the same tracks and cars and such. OK, that's the same with a clean install, but a clean install is 15 tracks or so, and using the Auto-Updater you have ... I don't know how much, I guess 200 or 300, don't know.
Ladezeit der Seite: 0.042 Sekunden
Zum Seitenanfang