Willkommen, Gast
Benutzername: Passwort: Angemeldet bleiben:

THEMA: 25.02.2021 - F1 History - Ferrari 312T @ Zandvoort

25.02.2021 - F1 History - Ferrari 312T @ Zandvoort 24 Feb 2021 19:35 #343381

• Litos
  • Litoss Avatar
  • Erfahren
From this point of view you are completly right, I agree

I am just confused about the pressurd tyre, I always thought that when I have hot tyres is because the pressure is too low and when I have cold tyres is because the pressure is too high.

In my mind the explanation would be that with low pressure there is more area of the tyre in contact with the road so there is more friction so more temperature.

Thank you!!
Der Administrator hat öffentliche Schreibrechte deaktiviert.

25.02.2021 - F1 History - Ferrari 312T @ Zandvoort 24 Feb 2021 22:05 #343383

• Haggard
  • Haggards Avatar
  • Stammgast
I found this video which describes tyres better then I ever could:

From my experience it's pretty straight forward in AssettoCorsa. Once your tyres have reached a constant temperature (usually 3-5 laps) they should also have reached their ideal pressure. If the pressure is too high or low at this point, you go back to the pits, adjust and go out for another 5 laps. Repeat until all four tyres are at or close to the ideal pressure and you are good to go.
If you have to decide between 1 psi higher or lower, you can actually go by car and track characteristic. For a track like LeMans or Monza you might prefer a slightly higher pressure, which reduces rolling resistance. Vice versa for a track with many corners. But these adjustments are always tiny, once you are more then 1 psi from the ideal pressure the penalty from the lack of grip is just too high in my experience.

25.02.2021 - F1 History - Ferrari 312T @ Zandvoort 25 Feb 2021 10:02 #343384

• Hebo Sen
  • Hebo Sens Avatar
  • Stammgast
Hello Haggard, hello Litos
I can fully agree with the answer of Pajugo – Haggard posted a fine statement to the inside knowledge of AC and the physical tyre model.
I’m not a good driver, but I think I understand the physical problems quite well – but my problem is to transfer the theory in race simulation drive practice.
But there is a very simple relationship between tyre pressure and temperature – increasing tyre temperature causes an increasing of the tyre pressure.

But a high tyre temperature is not only a result of high pressure but also of tyre friction work between tyre and road surface (i.e. braking, lateral forces by drifting in curves etc…)
Therefore you have to respect the relationship between the pressure of cold tyres in the box (setup) and during driving!

Generally is Litos assumption ok :
– high pressure = less contact area less friction resistance and less flexing
– low pressure = bigger contact area higher friction and higher flexing
This contact situation is very good visible in many apps by comparing the tyre temperatures inside, middle and outside the tyre surface:
– middle higher than outside/inside – pressure is too high
– outside/inside higher than middle – pressure is too low
Optimal is an approximate equal temperature of inside, middle and outside – therefore is the from you recommended app a very good tool.
But nevertheless is it for me too complicated for a fast setup – I’m following the theory that for an optimal driving performance in AC the diameter of all wheels should be equal and therefore I try to get an equal pressure of all tyres during race – that should be corrected after a few laps or a training session.
Therefore I use the AC in-game app TyrePressureEngineer – it shows you, how to change your tyre pressure of each wheel to reach nearly equal tyre pressures and performance!
In the end thanks a lot to Haggard – his manifold explanatory notes had been very helpful at any times!
See you in the Thursday event!

25.02.2021 - F1 History - Ferrari 312T @ Zandvoort 25 Feb 2021 10:59 #343385

• Litos
  • Litoss Avatar
  • Erfahren
Vielen Dank Haggard, Pajugo und Hebo Sen!!

I have still a lot to learn, I always changed the pressure on my tyres in order to have always the proper temperature (green tyres), anyway for the race of today I will race as I always did and for the next ones I will study a bit more the tyres with this Apps that you posted here.

About the race, which strategies do you consider for today? Hard -Hard? Hard - Soft? Soft-Hard? maybe Soft-Soft :woohoo: ? I think my favourite is Hard -Soft.

About the fuel I am not sure if to go out already with full tank.

Beste Grüße!!
Letzte Änderung: 25 Feb 2021 11:00 von Litos.

25.02.2021 - F1 History - Ferrari 312T @ Zandvoort 25 Feb 2021 17:23 #343386

• Hebo Sen
  • Hebo Sens Avatar
  • Stammgast
Hello Litos - that depends on you - my personnel testing has sthe result, that the performance of hard tyres is sufficient for 35 to 40 laps with a wear of 10 - 15% - the soft ones have a suficient performance only for 18 - 22 laps - but however that depends on your own driving style.

It seems, that you need to stop at minimum once for refueling - decicion of strategy for soft or hard depends also on your possible lap times with the different tyres!

That remains as the last of your own decicions for your strategy - if you drive slow enough, it may be that you need no tank stop? - it's a joke - good luck for the race and when I remember your results up to now, I think there would be not that problem..

Greetings

25.02.2021 - F1 History - Ferrari 312T @ Zandvoort 25 Feb 2021 19:46 #343388

• Pajugo
  • Pajugos Avatar
  • Administrator
  • Assetto Corsa
Das Passwort für das heutige Event ist:

hunt
“Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you.“ - Jeremy Clarkson

25.02.2021 - F1 History - Ferrari 312T @ Zandvoort 25 Feb 2021 20:05 #343389

• Litos
  • Litoss Avatar
  • Erfahren
Funktioniert nicht bei mir :(

25.02.2021 - F1 History - Ferrari 312T @ Zandvoort 25 Feb 2021 20:05 #343390

• Pajugo
  • Pajugos Avatar
  • Administrator
  • Assetto Corsa
Sorry, kleine Verzögerung. Jetzt läuft der Server !
“Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you.“ - Jeremy Clarkson

25.02.2021 - F1 History - Ferrari 312T @ Zandvoort 25 Feb 2021 20:18 #343391

• koehn5
  • koehn5s Avatar
  • Grünschnabel
Wie ist das Paswort ?

25.02.2021 - F1 History - Ferrari 312T @ Zandvoort 25 Feb 2021 22:34 #343392

• Pajugo
  • Pajugos Avatar
  • Administrator
  • Assetto Corsa
Hier der Gesamtstand nach dem 3. Rennen:

Diesmal waren es 21 Fahrer die in die Punktewertung kamen. Glückwunsch an alle !

25.02.2021 - F1 History - Ferrari 312T @ Zandvoort 25 Feb 2021 22:49 #343393

• Isbjorn
  • Isbjorns Avatar
  • Jungspund
Hi,

erstmal ein großes Dankeschön an dich Pajugo für dieses extrem spannende Event!

Leider muss ich zwei Entschuldigungen loswerden: Sorry an dich andx70 für mein Zurückkommen auf die in der ersten Runde vor der dritten Kurve. Ich war zwar selbst aufs Gras geschickt worden, hätte dort aber nicht so über den Curb zurück auf die Strecke rumpeln sollen. Ich erfuhr Instant-Karma und drehte mich selbst.

Danach konnte ich mich wieder etwas nach vorne kämpfen bis ich hinter Norman war. Auf der Start- und Zielgeraden, war ich schon kurz neben dir, aber du konntest außen deutlich später bremsen und warst in die Kurve hinein klar vorne. Leider habe ich trotz des früheren Bremsens ein Rad blockiert und wurde nach außen und genau dir in die Seite getragen. Tut mir Leid, das muss ich klar auf meine Kappe nehmen! :(

Im weiteren Rennverlauf kam ich ohne Boxenstop durch und so auch wieder nach vorne bis auf Platz 4 und hatte einige schöne Kämpfe mit Litos, Haggard und Gregg. Leider habe ich es wieder geschafft, mein Getriebe kaputt zu schalten. Am Ende der vorletzten Runde... aua.

Ich wünsche euch trotzdem einen schönen Abend,
bis nächste Woche,
Lars

25.02.2021 - F1 History - Ferrari 312T @ Zandvoort 25 Feb 2021 23:13 #343394

• Litos
  • Litoss Avatar
  • Erfahren
Hallo!

First of all congrats to the winner! Im curious to know which strategie you did.

Isbjorn, I am sorry for the touch in the second turn, I did not expected you to appear and overtake me there, completly my fault. At the end you were able to no put more fuel? It means you did 36 laps with soft tyres and moreover you saved fuel every lap and you were still so fast? :blink:

Nice fights!

Beste Grúße,
Carlos

25.02.2021 - F1 History - Ferrari 312T @ Zandvoort 25 Feb 2021 23:36 #343395

Hallo Jungs,
auch ich muss mal wieder Pajugo loben für diese tolle Kombination ;)
Ich bin noch nie diese alten Karren gefahren, muss aber zugeben, dass sie wirklich Laune machen!
Aber nicht nur die Autos machen spass, sondern mit euch und gegen euch zu kämpfen! B)
Sind viele richtig gute Fahrer dabei, mit denen man tolle Duelle hat!! Auch die Überrundungen, bis auf eine,haben toll geklappt. Danke allen fürs Platz machen!
Die Strategie die ich gewählt habe, war wirklich für den Orsch.. :silly:
Mit halben Tank losgefahren. Wusste nicht, dass das Tanken soooo lange dauert :pinch: . Ich hab mich noch nebenbei rasieren können :S
Konnte man auch ohne Boxenstop durchfahren??
Glückwunsch vwdidi zum Sieg!
Schöne Grüße euch allen und cu on track B)

25.02.2021 - F1 History - Ferrari 312T @ Zandvoort 25 Feb 2021 23:43 #343396

• andyx70
  • andyx70s Avatar
  • Grünschnabel
@ Lars, kein Problem, alles gut ;)

@ Carlos, i think he has the same strategie like me. i start with 194 L and soft, and refuel 16 L, and new soft

25.02.2021 - F1 History - Ferrari 312T @ Zandvoort 26 Feb 2021 00:08 #343397

• Haggard
  • Haggards Avatar
  • Stammgast
andyx70 schrieb:
@ Carlos, i think he has the same strategie like me. i start with 194 L and soft, and refuel 16 L, and new soft

That was exactly my strategy as well, with the fuel taking so long the tyre change was basically free. Sadly my game froze for a good few seconds after ~20 mins, after which I found myself in the gravel with damage. I immediately pitted to repair and luckily the damage wasn't too bad, but I still lost 10-15 secs in the gravel, which could have been a couple of positions in the end. Still, great fights all the way to the end.

What wasn't great was the lapped traffic in combination with the large differences in lap time and the narrow track. One or two drivers seemed to be entirely overwhelmed by the difficulty of track and car. A few more laps of training might have helped here.
Ladezeit der Seite: 0.063 Sekunden
Zum Seitenanfang